Lew Ford?!

markdublya

This guy should have been up here a while ago. We really need to find a way to get Flaherty to Norfolk.

I'm really tired of Flaherty. I get that he's young and overmatched, but he should at least be able to excel as a late inning defense replacement, and even there he struggles.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really tired of Flaherty. I get that he's young and overmatched, but he should at least be able to excel as a late inning defense replacement, and even there he struggles.

Uh...not to nitpick, but you are a little wrong...

He's not exactly a YOUNG guy. Other than that, I agree with your statement wholeheartedly! :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Before the season, I was one in trade Mateo camp . He only played SS , but with Gunnar locking up SS , I was not sure about his value anymore. But when he started playing at Second and CF , he looked like he picking up at these positions.  I think maybe he should be their utility player now. 
    • I  regret to hear news on Wells and Means setbacks.  I like Means because Orioles drafted and developed him .  He will be free agent this fall , should Orioles tender him or let him walk ? As for Wells, he has the stuff but durability is his drawback . Every season Orioles slotted him in starting rotation, then he gets put on IL this season, 2023 and 2022 seasons also .  When Wells returns next season  , they should slot him in bullpen permanently  , JMO 
    • Yes and at one point was a higher rated prospect in their system than Aaron Judge. It took awhile with the bat but he was always an amazing athlete with the ability for defensive wizardry. 
    • Does anybody know that he is an ex Yankee?
    • I put this ridiculousness in the game recap, but I think it belongs here as well.  Using AI you can really make some crazy stuff. 😂 https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • A buddy of mine made this with his AI. I figured I’d just put this here. 😂   https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • I was listening to MLB Prospects podcast last week. They talked about Gillen, and mentioned a lot about how he may be the best high school hitter. However, it’s a tough call where he’ll go because of a weak arm. They said the arm was injured, a right labrum, and his arm strength is not back after two years. So, probably wasn’t going to be a SS anyway when said and done due to size, maybe a 2B/LF or CF profile due to the weak arm and 60 speed. He was projected to maybe become the top high school player in the draft as a sophomore, but injured the shoulder and had some other injuries that have held him back. It is going to be interesting to see where Elias goes with picks 22 and 32. I would like to see Gillen there, but I think he’ll be gone. Kellon Lindsey is interesting, and maybe Billy Amick, along with one of the previous college hitters you mentioned will sneak through. Lindsey is rising fast.
  • Popular Contributors