Weams, scOtt, and Dylan Bundy at Frederick 5 26

weams

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the game myself. Bundy report: Leadoff single in the 1st was solidly hit to right field. Two hits felt like they could easily have been outs in the majors: one to the SS's right that he made a nice play to get to, then weak-armed the throw to first, and one lazy fly that Mummey couldn't run fast enough to come in on to make the catch. Neither was an easy play, but both could have been made. Also, a swinging bunt that the third basemen was slow coming in on, runner was fast and probably beats out even a good throw, but the 3B didn't get to the ball in time to even throw. There was one foul ball that was clobbered down the left field line, would have been an easy homer if straightened out just a bit.

I'm not a scout by any stretch, but Bundy's curve sure seemed like his best pitch tonight. Lots of swing-and-miss. He missed with the fastball often, but it was pretty fast.

Overall, he was very impressive. I bet he stays at Frederick for a bit, though; he wasn't blowing A+ hitters away in general.

Mummey and Ruettiger had a few nice at bats. Oh, and Joe Oliveira, the catcher, couldn't hit at all but made Wieters-esque throws to second. Every single practice throw in between innings was textbook-perfect, as was the caught stealing.

Clay Schrader looked great. Hit 93 on the stadium gun, had them waving at pitches. Berry was hit hard besides the home run; two outs required nice plays and the third was a hard hit liner right at Baker at first base.

Edit: Oh, and I know he's not really a prospect, but Kipp Schutz looked great. Laid down a sac bunt that was so perfect it turned into a base hit, then ripped a homer a few innings later.

Was at the game myself. Bundy report: Leadoff single in the 1st was solidly hit to right field. Two hits felt like they could easily have been outs in the majors: one to the SS's right that he made a nice play to get to, then weak-armed the throw to first, and one lazy fly that Mummey couldn't run fast enough to come in on to make the catch. Neither was an easy play, but both could have been made. Also, a swinging bunt that the third basemen was slow coming in on, runner was fast and probably beats out even a good throw, but the 3B didn't get to the ball in time to even throw. There was one foul ball that was clobbered down the left field line, would have been an easy homer if straightened out just a bit.

I'm not a scout by any stretch, but Bundy's curve sure seemed like his best pitch tonight. Lots of swing-and-miss. He missed with the fastball often, but it was pretty fast.

Overall, he was very impressive. I bet he stays at Frederick for a bit, though; he wasn't blowing A+ hitters away in general.

Mummey and Ruettiger had a few nice at bats. Oh, and Joe Oliveira, the catcher, couldn't hit at all but made Wieters-esque throws to second. Every single practice throw in between innings was textbook-perfect, as was the caught stealing.

Clay Schrader looked great. Hit 93 on the stadium gun, had them waving at pitches. Berry was hit hard besides the home run; two outs required nice plays and the third was a hard hit liner right at Baker at first base.

Edit: Oh, and I know he's not really a prospect, but Kipp Schutz looked great. Laid down a sac bunt that was so perfect it turned into a base hit, then ripped a homer a few innings later.

I saw two clobbered down the line. So pulled that I thought maybe the guys were cheating on the FB. I thought "a change to them would be devastating!"

I noticed all that stuff too, including the warmup strikes. Threw strong at least once behind the runner at first. JoeO has a gun!

Thanks, Excellent report.

MASNsteve was fact checking with scOtt. ;)

Here's his report on the action.

"It was nice," Bundy said. "Huge crowd tonight and everybody was cheering me on. This was great. I felt great. I had all my pitches working, all three pitches - the curve, changeup and fastball. Had pretty good command for the most part all night."

Bundy also knew that the Orioles wanted to see him throw more non-fastballs tonight. Of 78 pitches (53 strikes), he threw 16 curves (10 for strikes) and seven changeups (five for strikes).

"A lot better," he said of that mix of pitches. "Last outing, I only threw three off-speed pitches and the organization wanted me to throw my curve and changeup more. I feel like I did a good job of that, throwing it 1-2, 0-2 and getting a couple swing-and-misses and a couple of strikeouts on it.

"Today, it was real good. In past outings, the changeup has always felt like it's been there for me but the curveball was kind of questionable. I really felt like I did a good job throwing it for strikes tonight. Sometimes I was late on my release point with that curve (in earlier outings)."

What no hotties? C'mon guys....awesome job all of y'all - seriously! :clap3:

There were a LOT of hotties! But most times I was down in the bowl I didn't have my camera. When I did I was on a mission to get Bundy video.

I'll just say the Keys have a lot of lookers working for them! :eek:

Here's his report on the action.

"It was nice," Bundy said. "Huge crowd tonight and everybody was cheering me on. This was great. I felt great. I had all my pitches working, all three pitches - the curve, changeup and fastball. Had pretty good command for the most part all night."

Bundy also knew that the Orioles wanted to see him throw more non-fastballs tonight. Of 78 pitches (53 strikes), he threw 16 curves (10 for strikes) and seven changeups (five for strikes).

"A lot better," he said of that mix of pitches. "Last outing, I only threw three off-speed pitches and the organization wanted me to throw my curve and changeup more. I feel like I did a good job of that, throwing it 1-2, 0-2 and getting a couple swing-and-misses and a couple of strikeouts on it.

"Today, it was real good. In past outings, the changeup has always felt like it's been there for me but the curveball was kind of questionable. I really felt like I did a good job throwing it for strikes tonight. Sometimes I was late on my release point with that curve (in earlier outings)."

From MASNSteve:

[Frederick manager Orlando] Gomez said Bundy was actually throwing harder than the velocity readings on the scoreboard.

"When I saw some 94s on the board, I said this is probably 98. Our board is a little slow. His velocity was there. He's going to be a helluva pitcher. Everyone was excited to see him pitch tonight," Gomez said after Bundy's second professional win.

Archived