Duquette: packages offered not better than what we have

SilentJames

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im all in for what Duquette thought was the right thing to do. He knows more than any of us know.Period.

Seems PA and not DD is the problem (again). $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think it was more pa then anything. Which makes me worried about next year. I have a feeling he's happy the way things are without spending anymore to make a run. I just think next year when it comes down to getting an elite player or players to make a serious run, its just not going to happen. We'll come in super low without having a chance at getting them. And I'm.sorry, but the we have more options and better fixes in the organization is crap. Then WHERE are they. Mark Reynolds is complete crap. And the rotation is so inconsistent its not even funny. Blanton, although not a huge boost, is better than most of the rotation. He has pitched around 3.6 era in the last 10 or so starts.

To me, it says a few things:

1) They still believe that Arrieta and Matusz could have a future with this team, very possibly later this season. Reading between the lines, I think DD feels that Blanton wouldn't do much better than they will if they can work out some of their issues in Norfolk.

2) It appears to me that Duquette has a pretty good idea of how to balance the present and future. He explored a lot of deals and we already have made one (Thome) and probably will make others via the waiver wire. Those who were sweating with worry that he would sell the farm for the future should feel pretty good right now.

Seems PA and not DD is the problem (again). $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Again. Money for an impact player is one thing. Blanton is not, NOT, an impact player.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm. Pretty sure trading for guys who are marginally better than what you already has is marginally better, not worthless.

It's worthless to trade prospects who may help you down the road for the likes of Joe Blanton, Fransisco Liriano, or Ryan Dempster. When there is no given they will perform better then the SP's we already have.

Easy to say when it's not your money! Paying 3 million for someone who may not out perform the SP's you already have, is not a wise investment. IMO

Easy to say when it's not your money! Paying 3 million for someone who may not out perform the SP's you already have, is not a wise investment. IMO

IF they can stay in the WC race 3M ain't hard to make up----kind of like betting positive on yourself----- buy this is PA and the PA way.

IF they can stay in the WC race 3M ain't hard to make up----kind of like betting positive on yourself----- buy this is PA and the PA way.

Funny how lots of people around here are quick and easy to throw all kinds of money around, when it's not theirs. Blanton's not worth 3 million for a full season, much less 8 starts.

Funny how lots of people around here are quick and easy to throw all kinds of money around, when it's not theirs. Blanton's not worth 3 million for a full season, much less 8 starts.

Actually part of it is our money. I will admit, I don't go to games like I used to. I got sick of wasting MY money to watch a poor product. PA has pocketed enough money over the years. He even said MASN would allow the O's to compete financially with the top teams. That was a lie too...Shocking!

Actually part of it is our money. I will admit, I don't go to games like I used to. I got sick of wasting MY money to watch a poor product. PA has pocketed enough money over the years. He even said MASN would allow the O's to compete financially with the top teams. That was a lie too...Shocking!

You could always root for the Sox or Yankees if you're looking for teams with unlimited revenue.

And it isn't easy to win without spending some and 3 M could be made up if we stay in the race----looks like PA doesn't want to bet on us. Player payroll, scouting and facilities---bet we are in the lower half of spenders by far----and where is that MASN$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???????

You could always root for the Sox or Yankees if you're looking for teams with unlimited revenue.

Did I say I expected a 200 million dollar payroll? But I expect more than we've gotten the last decade plus. Just because its July 31st, and we are over .500, doesn't mean everything is peaches and buttercups from here on out. Tell me to go be a Yankee or sox fan? If i wasn't a true fan I would care less, and probably would have stopped caring after the 4th or 5th sub .500 season. But thanks for the advice.

Archived