Victor Conte

Moose Milligan

I was listening to Buster Olney on the way home talking about Conte, Melkey, etc. He was talking about how he was talking to FO members and GM's and how that one in particular was naming players he thought were on PED's. FO members are looking at fastball velocities, batting stats, pointing out thing that don't look right before thinking about offering contracts, etc.

With the comments that Conte recently made about how he thinks 50% of players are still juicing...is it wrong to think that MLB should just hire him to administrate testing? This guy is/was such an expert, I think it'd make sense for them to give him a bunch of money, make him head of testing and make sure he's on the other side of the cat and mouse game. Think like Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can.

I was listening to Buster Olney on the way home talking about Conte, Melkey, etc. He was talking about how he was talking to FO members and GM's and how that one in particular was naming players he thought were on PED's. FO members are looking at fastball velocities, batting stats, pointing out thing that don't look right before thinking about offering contracts, etc.

With the comments that Conte recently made about how he thinks 50% of players are still juicing...is it wrong to think that MLB should just hire him to administrate testing? This guy is/was such an expert, I think it'd make sense for them to give him a bunch of money, make him head of testing and make sure he's on the other side of the cat and mouse game. Think like Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can.

Didn't hear Olney but read the Conte stuff and i think its probably 90% exaggeration, if not outright lies on his part. He's talking about how he regularly speaks to executives from every club and top players and whatnot, but, really how much facetime is a convicted steroid peddler going to get. I have no doubt there's still a (minor) juicing problem in MLB, I very much doubt Victor Conte knows much about it. Its just another chance for him to recapture the spotlight.

Do you think baseball, or any of the major sports for that matter, really want to catch all the folks using?

The public wants to believe their athletes are clean and it is in the leagues' best interest to allow that to happen.

It is almost silly how naive some of the fans are, I had an extended conversation with a guy in his early 20's who firmly believed that steroids wouldn't be of use to a NBA player. (aside from a handful of centers)

Do you think baseball, or any of the major sports for that matter, really want to catch all the folks using?

The public wants to believe their athletes are clean and it is in the leagues' best interest to allow that to happen.

It is almost silly how naive some of the fans are, I had an extended conversation with a guy in his early 20's who firmly believed that steroids wouldn't be of use to a NBA player. (aside from a handful of centers)

Do you believe all our athletes are clean? I sure don't. I don't really know anyone who does.

Archived