Who are we rooting for tonight?

isestrex

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing... Other than a great 20-7 June, the Yankees haven't really been all that great this year, just 7 games over .500 for the other four months.

Just keep winning 2 of 3 the rest of the way, and the O's just might take the AL East.

Update on the series:

-Cleveland failed miserably as they allowed the A's to sweep the 4 game series

-Toronto was great taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees.

-The Rangers took care of the Rays taking 2 of 3 there.

-The Royals swept the Tigers keeping the White Sox still on top even after our series.

Upcoming weekend series:

TORONTO BLUE JAYS vs Rays

The Blue Jays just finished the Yankees and have already started the 4 game series against the Rays by beating them last night. With three more games to go, the Jays could really help us gain some ground by continuing to play winning baseball.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX @ Tigers

The Tigers trail the Sox by 3 games for the division and trail the Orioles by 3 games for the wild card. The more the White Sox win this weekend, the less Detroit stays in the playoff picture.

BOSTON RED SOX @ A's

The A's are currently 1 game ahead of the Orioles in the standings and riding a 6 game winning streak. Hopefully the Red Sox can cool them down.

The Yankees, obviously, play the Orioles.

I personally hope that the Orioles win and the Al East teams lose. I dont seem to scoreboard watch outside the division ...although Im not sure why.

You would prefer the Red Sox to lose against the A's? The Sox are 11 games behind the Orioles in the standings. The A's are 1 game ahead.

Update on series:

-The Blue Jays split the 4 games series with the Rays.

-Chicago completely collapsed and was swept by the Tigers creating a tie atop the Central division (and keeping both teams alive in the wild card hunt)

-The Red Sox were utterly pounded by the ridiculously hot A's in a 3 game sweep.

Upcoming series:

LA ANGELS @ A's

Close call, but I'm rooting for the Angels this week to cool off the red hot A's. It's dangerous because the Angels are only 3.5 games out of the wild card and they could get hot. But the A's need start losing.

CLEVELAND INDIANS @ Tigers

The pitiful Indians have 2 wins in their last 18 but it would be nice if they could step up and take a couple against a Verlanderless Tigers team.

MINNESOTA TWINS @ White Sox

The White Sox are reeling after their series vs the O's and then getting swept against the Tigers. The Twins could help bury them with a good series this week.

TAMPA BAY RAYS vs Yankees

Yeah... I'm saying it. In this series, I'm rooting for the Rays. Someone has to win and the Yankees losing means better chances for us to win the division.

Well... That's who I'm rooting for this week. Anyone disagree?

Update on series:

-Chicago completely collapsed and was swept by the Tigers creating a tie atop the Central division (and keeping both teams alive in the wild card hunt)

-The Red Sox were utterly pounded by the ridiculously hot A's in a 3 game sweep.

Upcoming series:

LA ANGELS @ A's

Close call, but I'm rooting for the Angels this week to cool off the red hot A's. It's dangerous because the Angels are only 3.5 games out of the wild card and they could get hot. But the A's need start losing.

The pitiful Indians have 2 wins in their last 18 but it would be nice if they could step up and take a couple against a Verlanderless Tigers team.

The White Sox are reeling after their series vs the O's and then getting swept against the Tigers. The Twins could help bury them with a good series this week.

Yeah... I'm saying it. In this series, I'm rooting for the Rays. Someone has to win and the Yankees losing means better chances for us to win the division.

I agree except with the Angels/A's series. Still too many variables to root for either of them but I know what you mean about wanting to slow down the A's. We should absolutely be rooting for everyone that plays the Yankees at this point, considering the division is still well within reach. That should be our #1 goal.

Update on series:

Upcoming series:

LA ANGELS @ A's

On the Angels-A's and Yankees-Rays series, I don't really "care" who wins, as long as there's no sweeps, and as long as we take care of business against Toronto. I'd probably prefer to bury the Angels though, personally.

On the Angels-A's and Yankees-Rays series, I don't really "care" who wins, as long as there's no sweeps, and as long as we take care of business against Toronto. I'd probably prefer to bury the Angels though, personally.

Completely agree with this.

I'm just happy that the Rays and Yankees can beat up on each other.

Update on series:

-A few people here were weary of this but the Angels swept the A's (as I was rooting for) and they now sit 2.5 games back. At least the A's look human now.

-The Indians did a great job taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers

-The Twins were only able to take 1 game from the White Sox

-And in what I suppose is the best case scenario, the Rays won 2 of 3 against the Yankees.

Upcoming Series:

TEXAS RANGERS @ Rays

The Rangers are pretty hot with the bats right now and hopefully it continues through the weekend. A sweep would be oh so nice...

SEATTLE MARINERS vs A's

Thankfully the slumping A's get the Mariners three best pitchers (Felix, Iwakuma, and Vargas) and it's at Safeco. Go Mariners!

DETROIT TIGERS @ Angels

Tough one... the Angels are 2.5 back of the WC while the Tigers are 3 back. A 2 out of 3 from the Tigers would be nice here. Btw, the Angels have won 8 of their last 9 and 12 of their last 15...

KANSAS CITY ROYALS @ White Sox

The Sox are slumping a bit but still took 2 of 3 from the Twins. It would be nice if the Royals could keep them respectable as they are still in the possible WC race.

The Yankees, of course, face the Orioles

Update on series:

-With two extra inning games in Texas, the Rays were able to take 2 of 3 from the Rangers who only scored 5 runs in the entire three game series (sigh... tough Rays pitching).

-Kansas City took 2 of 3 from the reeling White Sox who have now lost 9 of their last 13 (dating back to their series with the Orioles).

-The Tigers were swept by the white hot Angels who are trying to remind everyone how much they're still in things. The Angels have won 6 straight, 11 of their last 12 and 15 of their last 18. With all the talent they have, they're probably the number one team I'm rooting against the rest of the season (other than the Yankees).

-The A's continued to stay hot as they swept the Mariners. The A's have not lost a game (other than the 3 game sweep at the hands of the Angels) in 2 weeks.

Upcoming Series:

BOSTON RED SOX vs Yankees

The Yankees appear to have some mojo back and the Red Sox have lost 11 of their last 12. Doesn't look good.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX vs Tigers

Huge 4 game series to decide the central. The White Sox and Tigers sit 2.5 and 4.5 games back of the wild card respectively. I'm rooting for the White Sox to take 3 of 4 and push the Tigers further out of contention. All likelihood points to a split though...

OAKLAND A's @ Angels

Really tough decision here for this huge 4 game series. The A's are 1.5 games ahead of the Orioles but the Angels are only 1 game behind. I fear the Angels. Last week in this exact same matchup, I was rooting for the Angels and they swept the A's. Now I'd prefer the Angels to cool down. A 2-2 split would be nice, but I'm rooting for a 3-1 series win for the A's.

The Rays play the Orioles this week.

Update on series:

-With two extra inning games in Texas, the Rays were able to take 2 of 3 from the Rangers who only scored 5 runs in the entire three game series (sigh... tough Rays pitching).

-Kansas City took 2 of 3 from the reeling White Sox who have now lost 9 of their last 13 (dating back to their series with the Orioles).

-The Tigers were swept by the white hot Angels who are trying to remind everyone how much they're still in things. The Angels have won 6 straight, 11 of their last 12 and 15 of their last 18. With all the talent they have, they're probably the number one team I'm rooting against the rest of the season (other than the Yankees).

-The A's continued to stay hot as they swept the Mariners. The A's have not lost a game (other than the 3 game sweep at the hands of the Angels) in 2 weeks.

Upcoming Series:

BOSTON RED SOX vs Yankees

The Yankees appear to have some mojo back and the Red Sox have lost 11 of their last 12. Doesn't look good.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX vs Tigers

Huge 4 game series to decide the central. The White Sox and Tigers sit 2.5 and 4.5 games back of the wild card respectively. I'm rooting for the White Sox to take 3 of 4 and push the Tigers further out of contention. All likelihood points to a split though...

OAKLAND A's @ Angels

Really tough decision here for this huge 4 game series. The A's are 1.5 games ahead of the Orioles but the Angels are only 1 game behind. I fear the Angels. Last week in this exact same matchup, I was rooting for the Angels and they swept the A's. Now I'd prefer the Angels to cool down. A 2-2 split would be nice, but I'm rooting for a 3-1 series win for the A's.

The Rays play the Orioles this week.

I think we want the White Sox to knock the Tigers completely out of it. I don't know what I want in the A's-Angels series.

Archived