"You come down and manage the team!!!"

weams

“Davey and I talk after every game,” Rizzo said. “We talk about the goods and the bads of each and every game, and this was just probably I was a little too emotional. We’re both pretty passionate, and I was a little frustrated. I probably could have tabled it until the next morning, but I didn’t.”

Rizzo said the argument lasted a couple of minutes, followed by a calmer conversation of 15 minutes. Reporters waited nearly 25 minutes before they were allowed into Johnson’s office after the game.

“It’s normal business as usual,” Johnson said. “I admire Mike because he can get it right out. I kind of keep it in. He gets it out and it’s over with. I wish I could do that. The points are well taken.”

source - Washington Post

Listen. As much as we all like Davey. He aint no choir boy. He has been fired from every managing job he ever had. Except maybe the Olympic team. But that is different.

Maybe he pops off more than he should?

Pretty much every manager has been fired from every job they had. Including, I would guess, the majority of them in the hall of fame.

Archived