Dezmine Wells a Terp

clapdiddy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely love this move. Makes the Terps a tournament team if he can become eligible for this season.

Makes me worrisome of a possible lack of big men moving forward.

Len, Shaq, Padgett, Mitchell this year. Subtract Padgett next year as he graduates and add Smotrycz, Dodd. Plus you have a real tall wing in Layman. I'm not too worried about big men moving forward as long as Shaq is as advertised and especially if Len stays after this year.

Len, Shaq, Padgett, Mitchell this year. Subtract Padgett next year as he graduates and add Smotrycz, Dodd. Plus you have a real tall wing in Layman. I'm not too worried about big men moving forward as long as Shaq is as advertised and especially if Len stays after this year.

I agree with this. Also, I'm pretty sure the staff is targeting one or more big men for the 2014 class. I expect to get guards in 2013 from the Harrison twins and/or Peters and/or Jordan. If we only get one guard from that group, we'll probably see them push for a big man if they can get one that is a good one to have, and not just a warm body to take a scholarship. Otherwise, they'll go guard heavy in 2013 and push for bigs in 2014 (plus another top guard or two, depending on available players and scholarships).

I agree with this. Also, I'm pretty sure the staff is targeting one or more big men for the 2014 class. I expect to get guards in 2013 from the Harrison twins and/or Peters and/or Jordan. If we only get one guard from that group, we'll probably see them push for a big man if they can get one that is a good one to have, and not just a warm body to take a scholarship. Otherwise, they'll go guard heavy in 2013 and push for bigs in 2014 (plus another top guard or two, depending on available players and scholarships).

Agreed. I have to believe we get one of Peters, Jordan or the Harrison twins (together obviously). This team still needs an elite lead guard.

Rumor is that Harrison twins are coming in for Midnight Madness which is a pretty big deal. Pe isn't the answer and we don't know what we are getting with Allen really yet.

Does anyone know if he's eligible this season? Since he was expelled from Xavier, I would imagine this would not count as a transfer, right?

I think normally even if you're expelled you would have to sit out a year. However, the question here is whether he will get a waiver since he was basically wrongfully expelled since he's been cleared legally.

But nobody knows for sure yet. It is pretty much in the NCAAs hands and the majority seem to think he'll have to sit out.

• 1 month later...

According to a couple sources, the NCAA will always deny a request involving an expelled player because they don't want to set a precedent with legitimately expelled players transferring and not losing eligibility. However, they also say that his chances on appeal are higher than normal (not as good as they should be, but then it *is* the NCAA) in this particular case.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2012/10/26/3559706/boo-dez-wells-transfer-waiver-denied-by-ncaa

https://twitter.com/alex_prewitt/status/261894732303704064

Archived