10/3/2012: GAME 162 - Orioles at Rays

Don Quixote

I know it is frustrating tonight but Tampa is making great pitches. It isn't like I have seen us missing a bunch of mistakes. I just don't understand how we let the other teams best player beat us with that weak lineup they have. After the first HR at the least Longoria should of seen nothing hittable, make the other -lesser players beat you.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is definitely an overreaction in the moment, but right now I honestly want Adam Jones to be designated for assignment. ASAP. I will probably turn around that feeling at some point, but right now I feel like someone should just slap him across his face and say, "Get a hold of yourself!" He's playing like the bag of balls he was when we first picked him up. What a regression.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The first eight words of your post were accurate, the rest, not so much.

Embarrassing series. Save Chris Davis, some pen guys and Miguel Gonzalez.

Most important series of the year and the lineup just didn't show up. The Rays have the best pitching staff in baseball, but come on... 4 runs is embarrassing.

They always seem to turn it around when they start looking bad though. It would be a great time to start hitting again.

Look, it sucks the Orioles will not be at home for the Wild card, but I still think some of you have unreal expectations. The Orioles have defeated the odds all year, but like in Vegas, the odds eventually win.

We won a game in which we struck out 15 times. Feel lucky we got one win and feel lucky that we are in the wild card game when Tampa is not, despite the fact that they are clearly a better team with a vastly superior pitching staff.

I know it is frustrating tonight but Tampa is making great pitches. It isn't like I have seen us missing a bunch of mistakes. I just don't understand how we let the other teams best player beat us with that weak lineup they have. After the first HR at the least Longoria should of seen nothing hittable, make the other -lesser players beat you.

Allowing 1 run in the last 15+ innings. Hopefully, this pay's off...gets us ready to hit the best pitching out there and keep playing on!!!

We don't suck, we are getting pitched to be some of the best pitchers in the game. I mean seriously folks, we had three games against the Rays and the Yankees had three games against the Red Sox, how did we think this was going to end? It's been a fairly tale year and we can still go out to Texas and beat them and everything would basically be the same if we had won the Division. Texas just imploded a huge lead. We can beat them tomorrow.

Hate to break it to ya Tony but we are going to face a guy who's just as good if not better than Hellickson, Shields, and Cobb in Arlington.

We can't blame anyone but ourselves for this, we had home field in our control and we blew it, badly

This kills me too, it's rough -- but we didn't blow anything. The It's not like the Yankees are losing any games. We took 3 of 3 from Boston at home. We've won the games we should have won.

The reason Tampa won 13 of their last 15 is because of what you're watching right now. Nobody can touch their starting pitchers. In fact, the only reason they didn't make it into the post season is because we swept them here in Baltimore.

Archived