Ok, who is going to Arlington?

blkeen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really haven't had this experience w/ Rangers fans. What makes you say this?

But anyway -- I'll be there! Section 14, Row 7, by the O's dugout!

3, 4 years ago and prior to that there were probably only about half the Rangers fans that there are in the area today. Makes sense when a team finds success for the fans to come out of the woodwork. I get it. But so many fans today act like they've been in love with the team since '72 and yet half of them couldnt tell you who Juan Gonzalez, Dean Palmer or Ruben Sierra are. On top of that, they have this arrogance that makes me want to puke. As if they are entitled to something simply because they are the defending AL Champs.

Example: Acquaintance of mine posted on Facebook a few weeks ago that he pre-purchased his tickets for games 1 and 2 of the playoffs. I asked him what happened if Oakland caught up to them and went past them (at the time they were 4 games back). His response was "Never gonna happen". I said I understood his thought as a fan, but what if? I was simply curious if he had a back-up plan. His response, "NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!" Yesterday he posts something like Go Rangers! and I responded with "Wow...who would have thought I was right a few weeks ago?" He immediately unfriended me. lol

Anyway...I've been coming across quite a few people like this over this past season. I would typically be the worlds biggest Rangers fan when they arent playing the O's, but I found myself rooting for their demise this year...just because of the fans. Maybe it's just a personal experience

Example: Acquaintance of mine posted on Facebook a few weeks ago that he pre-purchased his tickets for games 1 and 2 of the playoffs. I asked him what happened if Oakland caught up to them and went past them (at the time they were 4 games back). His response was "Never gonna happen". I said I understood his thought as a fan, but what if? I was simply curious if he had a back-up plan. His response, "NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!" Yesterday he posts something like Go Rangers! and I responded with "Wow...who would have thought I was right a few weeks ago?" He immediately unfriended me. lol

OK, that is hilarious.

3, 4 years ago and prior to that there were probably only about half the Rangers fans that there are in the area today. Makes sense when a team finds success for the fans to come out of the woodwork. I get it. But so many fans today act like they've been in love with the team since '72 and yet half of them couldnt tell you who Juan Gonzalez, Dean Palmer or Ruben Sierra are. On top of that, they have this arrogance that makes me want to puke. As if they are entitled to something simply because they are the defending AL Champs.

Anyway...I've been coming across quite a few people like this over this past season. I would typically be the worlds biggest Rangers fan when they arent playing the O's, but I found myself rooting for their demise this year...just because of the fans. Maybe it's just a personal experience

I haven't had that experience.

But I agree I was always a Rangers fan, because at one point they had Billy (my favorite Oriole) and the late great Johnny Oates! Of course O's come first and foremost, but I would root for the Rangers to win the WS because of that.

Maryland native, transplanted to Texas 20 years ago. I've attended many O's/Rangers games over the years and have been treated with nothing but respect in Arlington.

Once, many moons ago, the Rangers were kicking the Orioles' butts so bad that complete strangers started buying me beers.

Bandwagon fans of any team can get on your nerves (Red Sox Nation, anyone?) but I can't say anything negative about true-blue Rangers fans.

Section 323, Row 14, seats 7&8.

With so many of us attending, I expect to hear and audible "O" during the national anthem!

Maryland native, transplanted to Texas 20 years ago. I've attended many O's/Rangers games over the years and have been treated with nothing but respect in Arlington.

Once, many moons ago, the Rangers were kicking the Orioles' butts so bad that complete strangers started buying me beers.

Bandwagon fans of any team can get on your nerves (Red Sox Nation, anyone?) but I can't say anything negative about true-blue Rangers fans.

Section 323, Row 14, seats 7&8.

With so many of us attending, I expect to hear and audible "O" during the national anthem!

I will be shouting "O" from section 14!

I will be there. Anyone know a good section or place to meet before the game? Be fun to all gather someplace and have a beer or soda beforehand.

My father and I are defintely down to meet up with some O's fans before the game (I get into Love field at 3:30pm). Even if those fans are also Sooners ;). Hook'em O's!!

Archived