SI AL East Hot Stove Report

Hooded Viper

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not talking about what happens in 2013. 2012 is being thrown out, like it never happened, because stats show it never should have. Thats showing the players no respect. Should Buck have told his guys to stop playing hard, once they got to the 80-82 wins, that stats said they shouldve won? The respect should be shown for the effort, to get to the 93 wins. Yet, they wont get any, because it was luck.

I really, truly have no idea what you're talking about. You can respect the effort and the accomplishments of the 2012 Orioles, then move on and realize there's much work to be done for '13. That's what we're doing here: Great job guys, awesome season, now let's get back to work and figure out how to not have this be a one-off.

The way I read it was the O's shouldn't approach '13 thinking they just need a minor tweak or two to keep rolling at 90+ wins.

And I agree with that. I guess it just bothers me, that we finally had a season to be proud of, but a lot of experts want to just write it off, like it never happened.

I really, truly have no idea what you're talking about. You can respect the effort and the accomplishments of the 2012 Orioles, then move on and realize there's much work to be done for '13. That's what we're doing here: Great job guys, awesome season, now let's get back to work and figure out how to not have this be a one-off.

I agree. But the Orioles arent even getting that. Oh well, i give in. It was a fluke. I dont see a lot of areas DD will upgrade. He basically said, claiming Casilla, took them out of the 2b market. McLouth will likely be back in LF. The rotation is almost set, and so is the bp. If the expected regression happens, we'll be lucky to win 75 games. Then 2012 can be officially written off as a fluke, and i.stead of saying we had 16 straight lising seasons, they'll jyst say "15 out of the last 16". Thats sounds much better.

Here's what I don't get....Sheehan writes that we were essentially a .500 team that got lucky and our focus shouldn't be aon next year but rather 2014 and beyond. Yet in the same space, he proposes going after expensive players in mid 30's...doesn't that seem a bit counterintuitive? Particularly with relation to the theory that he wrote?

Here's what I don't get....Sheehan writes that we were essentially a .500 team that got lucky and our focus shouldn't be aon next year but rather 2014 and beyond. Yet in the same space, he proposes going after expensive players in mid 30's...doesn't that seem a bit counterintuitive? Particularly with relation to the theory that he wrote?

Great point. I agree with you. Sheehan's "solution" of re-signing Thome and going after Swisher, Youkilis, and Scutaro, while starting Machado in AAA, seems diametrically opposed to his statement of where the Orioles' "focus" should be.

Well, I guess Buck doesn't deserve to even be in the conversation, for manager of the year. Since obviously, all he did was sprinkle the players with magic fairy dust, before each game...well, before 93 of them atleast.

What happened in 2011 ? Did he misplace the fairy dust ???:rolleyes:

Archived