Bundy for Justin Upton?

brianod

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way Bundy was included in an RA Dickey offer.

I'm not saying this the rumor is true, but Bundy might not actually have as much value as D'Arnaud and Snydergaard combined. They're the #12 and #33 prospects in all of baseball according to Scoutingbook (which is usually on par with BA). The most comparable offer we could have made there might have been Bundy plus Schoop (#2 & #111). I wouldn't have done it, but it's close to a wash with what the Mets got from Toronto.

I'm not saying this the rumor is true, but Bundy might not actually have as much value as D'Arnaud and Snydergaard combined. They're the #12 and #33 prospects in all of baseball according to Scoutingbook (which is usually on par with BA). The most comparable offer we could have made there might have been Bundy plus Schoop (#2 & #111). I wouldn't have done it, but it's close to a wash with what the Mets got from Toronto.

I think that a top 3 prospect, a potential ace at that, trumps that deal all day, everyday.

Bundy might be what the Mets wanted for Dickey but I doubt that's what the Orioles offered. If they are willing to move Bundy they better get something more than a late 30's knuckleballer even with the season he had.

No way, that would be terrible trade at this point. I would say Arrieta and maybe another pitcher for Upton, that way both sides are getting inconsistent players

Arrieta isn't going to get you upton. Upton may be inconsistent but he has always been above average. Even with a salary dump they would want something significant in return.

It was on XM MLB network this morning at 10:45. On my 3G phone, someone else please lookup who and maybe even get the exact quote. What I heard was that Bundy was included in a package in an attemp to get Dickey. I thought it was insane, but that's what they said.

It was on XM MLB network this morning at 10:45. On my 3G phone, someone else please lookup who and maybe even get the exact quote. What I heard was that Bundy was included in a package in an attemp to get Dickey. I thought it was insane, but that's what they said.

It was Jim Duquette and Mike Ferrin, I heard it on XM also. I believe it was JD who was responsible for the quote. JD said he would trade Bundy straight up for Upton, and I agree with him on that one. I can't believe that Bundy was offered for Dickey, but who knows? Gausman is the guy I would hesitate to trade, but I would do a Bundy for Upton swap. Upton, Jones and Markakis makes a sic outfield. Ages 25, 27 and 29.

I was shocked when they said Bundy had been part of a RA Dickey trade offer. I think Bundy for Upton is at least debatable. Bundy for Dickey makes no sense.
Who's "they"? This is the first I've heard that.
No way Bundy was included in an RA Dickey offer.
If he was then Dickey would be an Oriole.

When you hear something like this, you have to understand that this is probably the Mets' spin on what they leaked to a reporter.

The Orioles inquired about Dickey. The Mets responded back with, "Bundy and Avery for Dickey". The Orioles hung up the phone. The Mets leak to reporters, "Bundy was involved in an offer for Dickey".

There's no reason to get all hysterical about this being pure nonsense. There's a little bit of truth to every rumor.

Archived