This latest ARoid news has me worried.

El Gordo

Aroid has been using PED's since he was in TEX. All indications are he hasnt stopped. McGwire has much more character than ARoid IMO, and is respected by those in the game. ARoid not so much.

It's somewhat dubious to say McGwire has much more character than ARoid. How so? Because he copped to his misdeeds? They're both cheaters and you can argue the only reason McGwire came clean was because his options were limited and he wanted back in the game. Without a confession, he wasn't even coming close. A bit convenient. You're probably right in you're assessment just based on all the off the field shenanigans ARoid has been involved with over the years, but I don't put anyone who used on any pedestal.

I think a lot of this is just overwhelming dislike for ARoid. Justifiably so. Witness how I refer to him.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's somewhat dubious to say McGwire has much more character than ARoid. How so? Because he copped to his misdeeds? They're both cheaters and you can argue the only reason McGwire came clean was because his options were limited and he wanted back in the game. Without a confession, he wasn't even coming close. A bit convenient. You're probably right in you're assessment just based on all the off the field shenanigans ARoid has been involved with over the years, but I don't put anyone who used on any pedestal.

I think a lot of this is just overwhelming dislike for ARoid. Justifiably so. Witness how I refer to him.

I happen to know people who were close to McGwire. He's no ARoid. He owned up to his PED use(though from what I have been told it was not as egregious as what the media seems to think). He said what he said because he wanted to get back in the game. He gave STL an out on his contract when he didn't have to. He is highly regarded as a hitting coach. He was circumspect with Congress because he didn't want to be put in a psoition to be naming names in a witch hunt. Very few peole in the game have any regard for ARoid who is seen as a self promoting phony.

I happen to know people who were close to McGwire. He's no ARoid. He owned up to his PED use(though from what I have been told it was not as egregious as what the media seems to think). He said what he said because he wanted to get back in the game. He gave STL an out on his contract when he didn't have to. He is highly regarded as a hitting coach. He was circumspect with Congress because he didn't want to be put in a psoition to be naming names in a witch hunt. Very few peole in the game have any regard for ARoid who is seen as a self promoting phony.

I see nothing here other than "I know people who were close to McGwire," and so what? You agree that he confessed because he wanted back into the game. What he did in front of Congress was take the 5th. The reasons are not black and white but that's of little difference to me.

He isn't ARoid but lets not forget he fooled many people into thinking what HE did was real at the time along with Sosa.

I'm glad he came forward and by all accounts he will be employed as a hitting coach for a long time. ARoid has continued to cheat (as yet still unproven) and hope he never find entry into the HOF.

I see nothing here other than "I know people who were close to McGwire," and so what? You agree that he confessed because he wanted back into the game. What he did in front of Congress was take the 5th. The reasons are not black and white but that's of little difference to me.

He isn't ARoid but lets not forget he fooled many people into thinking what HE did was real at the time along with Sosa.

I'm glad he came forward and by all accounts he will be employed as a hitting coach for a long time. ARoid has continued to cheat (as yet still unproven) and hope he never find entry into the HOF.

That's very clear and why it's pointless for me to discuss this with you. All PED users are the same I get it. McGwire = ARoid. Ah, life is so simple when you look at it the right way.

That's very clear and why it's pointless for me to discuss this with you. All PED users are the same I get it. McGwire = ARoid. Ah, life is so simple when you look at it the right way.

You can really be dramatic. When did I say they are equal? In terms of the rules of the game they both broke those rules, but Rodriguez also admitted he used.

If people are measuring for the moral high ground I'm sure McGwire wins the climb, if that's what you need to hear. I'd rather talk to or get to know McGwire as a person knowing what I do about them both.

As far as the game goes, though, he made a bad choice. In that regard they are the same.

Archived