Michael bourn agrees to indians deal

Greg

4 years is quite a long time. He won't be worth 12M in 2016. I was willing for the Orioles to sign him at 1 or 2 years but not 4 at that price.

Still, this is huge for the Indians, I think they're going to actually give Detroit a run at the division... if their pitching isn't completely disastrous.

4 years is quite a long time. He won't be worth 12M in 2016. I was willing for the Orioles to sign him at 1 or 2 years but not 4 at that price.

Still, this is huge for the Indians, I think they're going to actually give Detroit a run at the division... if their pitching isn't completely disastrous.

That is still significantly less then he was asking for. The Indians didn't do too badly. Some franchises have to pay a premium.

That is a completely revamped OF with Swisher-Bourn-Stubbs. I would be excited to be a Cleveland fan, granted they still need the pitching to step up.

Apparently the Mets offered the same amount but didn't offer the 5th year option.

Hmmm, interesting. Instead of giving up their 3rd round pick, they are giving up their competitive balance pick, which would have been #69 overall.

That is a completely revamped OF with Swisher-Bourn-Stubbs. I would be excited to be a Cleveland fan, granted they still need the pitching to step up.

Pitching is still the big question mark on that team.

Jon Heyman said Brantley or Stubbs could be available now. I have no idea how true that is but I would check in on Stubbs. He hits lefties well and would serve as a nice compliment in LF to McLouth, while pushing Reimold to more of a full time DH. That would be a very strong defensive and offensive OF if McLouth and Stubbs are more or less platooned. Of course, I have no idea if Stubbs is even available now or what it would take to get him.

That is still significantly less then he was asking for. The Indians didn't do too badly. Some franchises have to pay a premium.

I would have paid more money for less years. He'll be fantastic for the next couple years but I'm worried about him 3 years out...

I will take 4@12 over 1/13.3.

His market certainly wasn't where him and his agent thought it was.

Well, of course. I was responding to your earlier post. The qualifying offer was less than what they were asking for, but they were lucky to get the deal they got.

I'm guessing Lohse ends up in Cleveland by Friday, you don't go 2/3 of the way in unless you're prepared to go all in.

I know no rumors but it wouldn't surprise me. You're right. They're in for two picks and $$$ now, what's another pick? Go big or go home.

Archived