What I observed

Orioles are more fundamentally sound then any other team in Florida

Mike Wright has been the most impressive non regular pitcher

Chris Davis is an above average first baseman defensively

Trayon Robinson has looked good from both sides of the late

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked pretty close at it. Don't think the final result looks like this rendering. Field behind left and parking behind RF wall are now flipped. They must have decided to keep the old Ed Smith complex configuration......OK, now you can bring back the women.

Artists drawing of this complex.

What I observed

Orioles are more fundamentally sound then any other team in Florida

Mike Wright has been the most impressive non regular pitcher

Chris Davis is an above average first baseman defensively

Trayon Robinson has looked good from both sides of the late

Agree with all of this.

I think I have a higher opinion of Reimold. I think he might be the MOO bat that we didn't get. I think Dickerson could replace McLouth though, and I like McLouth. What Duquette has done really well is get players like Robinson and Navarro, guys who have been top ten prospects, are still young (25), and just haven't put it together yet. Every once in awhile you're going to get lucky and hit on one of these guys. Talent wise, Navarro compares to Schoop even though one is a top prospect and the other is on the verge of being a journeyman.
I like Reimold/McLouth myself, but they are not without question marks, and Dickerson vs RHP: .269 .354 .424 .778 and Pearce vs LHP:.266 .343 .464 .807 wouldn't kill us.

Can someone give me a quick summary of Jackson's career?

Jackson was a very highly thought of prospect coming up through the minors. Crushed the ball at all levels. Baseball America's 40th prospect one year and 17th ranked prospect the next.

Made quick transition to major leagues with .287/.367/.443/.810 after first 3 seasons. He didn't have a great defensive reputation, but was a similar all around hitter to maybe Victor Martinez at that point.

Then, he contracted valley fever which completely screws you up, and makes you feel very weak and devoid of energy for months. He's never returned to the guy he was for his first three seasons.

.232/.312/.323/.635 in the ML since then, and his minor league numbers were pretty good last year, but nothing that would make you say "Wow, he's back".

I know Wright has talent and looked really good last spring. He gave up three runs in three innings the other day. Not trying to be a wise guy but what was impressive? Just curious.

In and out with his pitches, great off speed pitch. Pitches downhill

Swing hard,just in case you hit something

Offensively, he profiles a lot like Hardy EXCEPT that Flaherty can go the other way with authority. Flaherty has easy power. I'd love to see what he could do with regular AB's but I don't see it happening in Baltimore this year.

I saw these things today.

PHOTOS

A pretty large numbers of ML caliber players will be starting the year in Norfolk. What do you think of Flaherty's chances of making the team. Also, if Hardy were to get injured do you think would go to Casilla or Flaherty first?

If I had to guess, his three options punch his ticket for Norfolk. Casilla has to hit to replace JJ and Buck is looking at Ryan a lot this spring. Bordick says Flaherty can play shortstop at the major league level. It's something to watch. .

I used to draft Conor Jackson late in fantasy drafts based on his swing, talent, and the upside that you could see when he was younger. I loved the pick up, at the price we paid, and seeing him knock 2 out this afternoon was a great sign. I feel like if he gets his confidence back we may have ourselves another, under the radar, find. This guy is a professional hitter when he's on his game.

Archived