Teixeira has strained right wrist and will miss 8 to 10 weeks.

Greg

Hah wow. To lose Granderson and Tex for the first month plus of the season. Wonder who plays 1B for them now.

In house options are Dan Johnson. Maybe move Youkilis over and put Nix or Nunez at third.

But I bet they go after Canzler or Peare or Jackson.

I'm not sure. Would Pearce or Jackson have an option of getting out of their minor league contracts if they don't make the team out of spring training?

Maybe. But even if they didn't make the team, they just might rather be on the AAA-Tides and wait for the call-up from a good team like the Orioles than be on the major league squad of a crappy team like the Yankees. ;)

But I bet they go after Canzler or Peare or Jackson.

Unless there are opt-out clauses in their contracts (which I think only Jackson might have? Not sure) I doubt the O's would do anything to help out the Yankees.

Unless there are opt-out clauses in their contracts (which I think only Jackson might have? Not sure) I doubt the O's would do anything to help out the Yankees.

I haven't read anything about Jackson having an opt out in his contract. He would be the only one of the three who potentially might, however. Pearce was tendered a contract when he was on the 40 man and later DFA'd so it is unlikely he would have any opt out in his contract. He didn't come to the Orioles as a free agent this offseason, he was already a member of the 40-man roster and was just tendered a contract. Canzler has an option remaining and was not a free agent either. Players in his situation usually do not have any sort of opt out.

There is virtually no reason for the Orioles not to hang onto Canzler, Pearce, and Jackson to start the season and I imagine they'll do just that. The fact that those guys would likely be sought after by the Yankees now just makes that even more likely of an outcome. It will be interesting to see the Yankees decide to do in terms of strengthening their Opening Day roster.

There is a big difference between helping them and picking their pockets when they are desperate. :)

I don't see that happening. This isn't the old man's team anymore and dumb trades George would have made in a heartbeat don't usually happen anymore.

These are comments from my Yankee fan friends on BBT:

Posted By CDYankeeBB:

"A few years ago, I mentioned the fact that KO-Tex's head was as large a Barry Bonds' head. It was my humble option then that KO-Tex was a user of PED?s. In the past season and starting this one, he has been breaking down (strained calf, strained wrist) like his has-been/never-would-have-been-without-the-juice friend, A-DICK. Today I am pretty satisfied that I was right." :)

Posted By LibertyBoy:

"The worst contracts in baseball right now are the insurance policies on all these drugged-up sluggers."

http://www.bronxbrasstacks.com/2013/03/06/yanks-worried-about-teixeiras-wrist/#respond

Archived