vs. BLUE JAYS, 3/20 (Spring Training)

OFFNY

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who are you "rooting" for?

At first I was all for Jair but he's fallen off my ship a bit. Steve pitched great last year but I don't think the O's will make the move. As of now I'm rooting for Arrieta.

I'm rooting for Steve. Steve Johnson doesn't have much to work on at AAA. I think it will be Jake because he still has (in my opinion) big upside. I think they'll keep Brian in the bullpen and give him some opportunities to prove that he can get RH hitters out. I think Jair needs to get stronger and increase his velocity although I doubt he'll be able to do it with his knee issues.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Brian Roberts doubles to LCF off Jeffress with 1-out in first. Now batting .353 (12-for-34).</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">March 20, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roberts continues his very hot Spring. The only question being his health throughout the season.

I'm wondering if Roberts isn't still the best leadoff option this team has other than Markakis. Double on a flyball to center.

I agree, of course the steal numbers will be low but really all you are looking for is a guy that gets on base. Roberts looks like he can do that right now.

If anyone has the pleasure of listening to this later, good luck. These Toronto announcers are absolutely nauseating.

So far, they've claimed that the "O" is disrespectful to the National Anthem; Zach Britton is fighting for his life after such a horrid year last year; Chris Davis was "in balk territory" (and they were desperately waiting for the umpire, who's been in the Major Leagues "for so long" to realize that he should be called for being so far off the bag; Britton --"where was HIS PFP?? ha ha ha"; Wieters "broke the hype meter," happily reciting that line from Tom Verducci "Sliced Bread is better than Matt Wieters."

And so much more.

If anyone has the pleasure of listening to this later, good luck. These Toronto announcers are absolutely nauseating.

So far, they've claimed that the "O" is disrespectful to the National Anthem; Zach Britton is fighting for his life after such a horrid year last year; Chris Davis was "in balk territory" (and they were desperately waiting for the umpire, who's been in the Major Leagues "for so long" to realize that he should be called for being so far off the bag; Britton --"where was HIS PFP?? ha ha ha"; Wieters "broke the hype meter," happily reciting that line from Tom Verducci "Sliced Bread is better than Matt Wieters."

And so much more.

It only makes it worse that Britton was so wretched to start: a lead-off 3-2 walk, a 3-1 single, an infield hit (the PFP remark), followed by a bases-clearing double.

3-0 Toronto with no outs.

Stupid Canadians. When we want their opinion, we'll tell them what it is.

Letting up 3 runs is one thing, having 2 walks mixed in if another. Especially walking in a run. Stark difference from Matusz almost throwing too many strikes yesterday.

Britton didn't walk in a run. He walked two batters (along with a single) to load the bases, and Arencibia plated them all with a double.

Archived