Jason Hammel Today, 2013

OFFNY

We need to take the first two games because ......

Sounds like a plan.

In fact, let's take the first 2 games of EVERY series from now until the end of the season, just to make sure that we head into the 3rd game on a positive note. ;)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure what to make of Hammel at this point. I mean in terms of whether or not he can turn it around. For whatever reason, right or wrong, I still have faith in him. I feel like, in some instances, he has had some bad luck - routine fly ball lost in the sun, blown call on a SB by Trout, tonight the misplay by Dickerson. But on the other hand, he's giving up more hits, striking out less batters.

We have depth though. Chen and Tillman look solid. Gonzo has been much like Hamel thus far but I haven't given up on him either. Looking forward to what Stevie shows tomorrow. Garcia, well, I'm will to ride it out for now. Jurrjens looks to be rounding into form at Norfolk and Wada could also be a big contributor.

I'm obviously hoping Hammel finds his command but not OVERLY worried about the team if he doesn't.

I am concerned. CA-ORIOLE and I watched him vs the Angels when he toughed out a win and he was up with his pitches and was fortunate to get a victory there. Last year he was commanding better and his two seam FB had more sink.

I am concerned. CA-ORIOLE and I watched him vs the Angels when he toughed out a win and he was up with his pitches and was fortunate to get a victory there. Last year he was commanding better and his two seam FB had more sink.

Among other things, his GB rate is 9% below last year. As far as the Orioles defense is concerned, it's better to be a GB pitcher than a FB pitcher.

Among other things, his GB rate is 9% below last year. As far as the Orioles defense is concerned, it's better to be a GB pitcher than a FB pitcher.

Hey, looks like you were flipped a bird recently. You the man. Now maybe Hammel pitches like the man and keeps it down.

There is the real possibility that Hammel is the 5th starter in our rotation. After seeing all of his starts this year that is hardly news, especially if Jurrjens steps up. I don't expect it, but by the time they go through any other candidates they have in mind and bring up Gausman that is exactly where he fits in.

I don't know why he's having so much trouble keeping the FB down. The 2 seamer is non-existent because he has no command of anything. Every pitch is up in the zone. Nothing has movement, unlike last year. Just a completely different pitcher. If it's the knee, then put him on the DL because he's killing us.

Archived