vs. ASTROS, 6/05

OFFNY

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
/shrug 3 of those wins last week came against the Angels. They certainly have played well against them.

FOUR came vs the Angels. And didnt they sweep the Mets- who had just swept the Yankees? They are truly beating down teams who face them riding high.

I'm speaking lately, the whole winning a lot of games for the past week. Everyone takes them lightly, eventually, they're going to win 60 games or so.

I don't take them likely, I just don't think there that good. This is more Freddy sucking. We need these games because our schedule gets pretty rough after this. Love to sweep but 2 out of 3 isn't terrible.

So who is going to start the thread saying that Freddy is struggling because Wieters is catching?

You can keep defending wieters all you want. Fact is, hes not nearly as good as you and other oriole fans make him out to be. Its no coincidence that nearly every single time hes not catching our pitchers perform much better. Yes hes great at throwing guys out, like he just showed but thats it. The only reason hes not the 8th or 9th hitter is because we have gems like cassila and pearce in the lineup with him.

/shrug 3 of those wins last week came against the Angels. They certainly have played well against them.

Reality is that we have close to the worst pitching in baseball, even teams like the Astro's are going to hit us. We've been relying on the offense pretty much all season, at some point we're going to stop scoring 7 runs a game.

This is not fun.

I was really looking forward to watching an O's game tonight. I'll be at work for tomorrow's. I have a poker game Friday night (the game will be on but I won't be able to give it full attention). I'll be at the Nats game at the same time the O's are playing Saturday.

So tonight was the last game I was going to be able to lay back on the couch, pop open a beer, and enjoy, until Sunday.

And I'm not enjoying it.

But I think we'll get some runs and make a game of this.

You can keep defending wieters all you want. Fact is, hes not nearly as good as you and other oriole fans make him out to be. Its no coincidence that nearly every single time hes not catching our pitchers perform much better. Yes hes great at throwing guys out, like he just showed but thats it. The only reason hes not the 8th or 9th hitter is because we have gems like cassila and pearce in the lineup with him.

Bring back Paul Bako!

Who was defending Wieters? I was mocking reactionary posters who feel a need to start a thread the second anything bad happens.

Jeez, if you can't understand my posts ask for help.

The way you typed that reminded me of:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvvlhOfxKfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well done my good man, a bit of comedy is just what we need in here at the moment.

And although this is more of a between inning question: I keep hearing that Louie CK's show on FX is the business. Is this an opinion that can be corroborated by the OH consensus?

Archived