Maybe I Am Too Old School But IMHO Crisp Should Be Given Chin Music His First AB Today

Old#5fan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your summation is not what I am complaining about at all. I suggest you read my entire commentary before making such a snap erroneous judgment. I wouldn't care if Crisp did a simple bat flip and then went into the dugout with his arm up waiting for people to high five him like the O's do.

BUT he didn't do that... He SHOWBOATED by NOT just flipping the bat, he then gave some kind of raised right arm swirl (what that hot dog move was about I have no idea) and then, he didn't wait to be congratulated he started dancing like Jacoby Jones and low fiving everyone. If you think that is the same as the Orioles celebrate a homer you are nuts!!!

It wasn't a snap erroneous judgement.

Myself and numerous other posters have pointed out the glaring flaws/hypocrisy in your complaint, and you refuse to admit that you don't have a leg to stand on.

In the last few pages of this thread, I have seen very few (if any) posters side with your continued insistence on this matter, but I HAVE seen ......

For flipping a bat? Seriously? How dare the guy show any type of emotion. You people want to know why baseball isn't as popular as it was decades ago?

Good thing this isn't "back in the day". Blame the pitcher for throwing such a ****ty pitch.

I've never noticed an inherent attitude with Crisp, and I've paid attention since his majors career started in Cleveland. Either way, he acts pretty much the same now that he did then, so if he does bring over any sort of attitude he's always had it.
I think that the bat flip had more to do with showing the ump up for the 3-0 strike call than anything.
Message received. The message we should send to our youth is to throw at the head of our opponents because of imagined slights and a rather odd definition of sportsmanship. You can take Ian Kennedy, I'll gladly take Coco.
Because nothing about that was arrogant. He was just pumped. It's not like he stood there and posed or walked it off. It was nothing worth getting worked up over.
First, what he does in his own dugout should not be relevant to the Orioles. If it wasn't for FOX you probably wouldn't even noticed it. A lot of teams have there own little handshakes/celebrations...who cares?

He hit a BIG home run and was excited. The bat filp was just raw emotion. How is that arrogance?

Don't throw hanging sliders right down the middle of the plate. Problem solved.

I personally love when baseball players show emotion, especially since it's such a reserved game by nature. I hated it in this instance, but it was because the HR hurt...

I think you're more hurt by the HR and you are just concentrating on the bat-flip.

Sports is supposed to be fun. You watch and play sports so you can feel that happy feeling that you get when you or your team does something well. Now obviously you can go too far, like with anything. Football players doing a 15-second choreographed routine for making a four-yard stop on 2nd and 7... that's probably over the line. But being happy about hitting a key home run - if you can't do that then why are there sports?
Didn't read the whole thread, but say we did hit Crisp. Then Oakland wants to get even and goes after Davis, Jones or Machado and hurts them by hitting them in the wrong spot, intentional or not. Effectively ending our season in the process.

It's just not worth it.

Yeah, we lost Nick to the DL once before, because of a hit by pitcher, and he wasn't even throwing at him.

Not worth it.

Look, it wasn't that big of a bat flip, Eddie used to do the same dang thing.

You pick your battles and you pick the ones worth winning.

This wasn't one, on a scale of 1-10, this is a 1.

...... 10 different posters (myself and 9 others) that believe that you are not making a rational argument on your own behalf.

Not that your argument (OP) was very strong to begin with, but after considering the back-and-forth debate in the last 30 or 40 comments of this thread, it's pretty clear that you simply don't want to admit that you have no rational basis for your complaint.

It wasn't a snap erroneous judgement.

Myself and numerous other posters have pointed out the glaring flaws/hypocrisy in your complaint, and you refuse to admit that you don't have a leg to stand on.

In the last few pages of this thread, I have seen very few (if any) posters side with your continued insistence on this matter, but I HAVE seen ......

...... 10 different posters (myself and 9 others) that believe that you are not making a rational argument on your own behalf.

Not that your argument (OP) was very strong to begin with, but after considering the back-and-forth debate in the last 30 or 40 comments of this thread, it's pretty clear that you simply don't want to admit that you have no rational basis for your complaint.

Whatever dude. If you think what Crisp did and the way he did it was equal to how the Orioles celebrate a homer in a big game (while the game is still highly in doubt and not over) then there is no point debating this any further. Maybe you just like hot dogs.... but I sure don't and that is my prerogative. I dont need you preaching to me how to be a fan.. You probably thought Rickey Henderson and his showboating was great as well. To each their own, but we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

And BTW, there were also several fans who supported my view as well, but apparently they don't count???:rolleyes:

Why don't you just admit that you were mad about Crisp homering off the Orioles and leave it at that? There isn't a Committee To Punish Unamerican Levels of Celebration in Baseball, and we're all better for it.

Crisp could have hit four home runs in that game and wouldnt care at all if he act with some class. I recall Josh Hamilton I believe did just that in OPACY and I didn't have a bit of a problem with him.

And BTW, there were also several fans who supported my view as well, but apparently they don't count??? :rolleyes:

Yes, there were several other posters that initially supported you.

However, after almost a dozen posters have given clear evidence that the Orioles do choreographed celebrations both in the dugout AND in the field (as well as the fact that they have pointed out numerous other rational reasons why it would not have been prudent to throw at Crisp), I haven't seen them chime in lately on your behalf ........ like I said, in the last 30 or 40 posts, you've been carrying the flag by yourself, and looking silly and hypocritical doing so.

And Earl was famously against beanball wars and fights. I would hope the current version of the Orioles continue to use that kind of restraint and maturity.

Well that is all nicey nice when you have five year olds playing Candy Land but this is a group of men playing a sport - slightly different environment don't ya think???? I would love your take on the famous Orioles Seattle brawl. Were you appalled at Alan Mills popping Buhner in his melon head? Were you frightened to death to think that things like this could actually happen in mere game?

I will tell you all you need to know - but you ought to be able to figure it out yourself if you paid attention - but none other than CAL RIPKEN was in the bottom of that pile, despite endangering himself during his historic streak. You know why? Because that is what had to be done. If you don't get that, then you aren't someone I would want on my team or ever to have my back, or heaven forbit, go to war with...:rolleyestf:

Crisp could have hit four home runs in that game and wouldnt care at all if he act with some class. I recall Josh Hamilton I believe did just that in OPACY and I didn't have a bit of a problem with him.

But, fact is, his bat flip wasn't that bad, in fact, go back and see a previous clip of Eddie doing the same thing.

So was that okay, and Crisp isn't?

Yes, there were several posters that intially supported you.

However, after almost a dozen posters that have given clear evidence that the Orioles do choreographed celebrations both in the dugout AND in the field, I haven't seen them chime in lately on your behalf ........ like I said, the last 30 or 40 posts.

What is Crisp related to you or something? You sure are overly sensitive to this for some reason. I already told you we will need to agree to disagree. I strongly feel the way I do and you see it your way. End of story..

But, fact is, his bat flip wasn't that bad, in fact, go back and see a previous clip of Eddie doing the same thing.

So was that okay, and Crisp isn't?

I have said repeatedly, the bat flip alone was not the issue. It was the COMBINATION of these THREE THINGS:

1. Bat flip

2. Raising right arm and swirling it around right after the bat flip (personally that p.o.d me more than the flip)

3. Low fiving AND dancing in the dugout like Jacoby Jones and as such. hotdogging it.

This is the final time I post my reasons but they are THREE FOLD.

What is Crisp related to you or something? You sure are overly sensitive to this for some reason. I already told you we will need to agree to disagree. I strongly feel the way I do and you see it your way. End of story..

I'm oversensitive ???

You started the thread about your dismay that one of our pitchers didn't throw at Crisp, and have carried on for more than 2 days and 8 pages with your sad :( faces because you are so unhappy about it all.

No, I'm not related to Crisp, and neither are the 9 other posters that continue to refute your obsession with this subject. I wouldn't have given Crisp a second thought if you hadn't started the thread.

I'm oversensitive ???

You started the thread about your dismay that one of our pitchers didn't throw at Crisp, and have carried on for more than 2 days and 8 pages with your sad :( faces because you are so unhappy about it all.

No, I'm not related to Crisp, and neither are the 9 other posters that continue to refute your obsession with this subject.

You know there is an old saying about leading a horse to water? ;)

I guess we are just ignorant of the finer unwritten rules of baseball etiquette. :)

You know there is an old saying about leading a horse to water? ;)

I guess we are just ignorant of the finer unwritten rules of baseball etiquette. :)

Not just us.

But the Orioles and the press also, neither of whom (as far as I know) have said a word about this so-called incident.

Well that is all nicey nice when you have five year olds playing Candy Land but this is a group of men playing a sport - slightly different environment don't ya think???? I would love your take on the famous Orioles Seattle brawl. Were you appalled at Alan Mills popping Buhner in his melon head? Were you frightened to death to think that things like this could actually happen in mere game?

I will tell you all you need to know - but you ought to be able to figure it out yourself if you paid attention - but none other than CAL RIPKEN was in the bottom of that pile, despite endangering himself during his historic streak. You know why? Because that is what had to be done. If you don't get that, then you aren't someone I would want on my team or ever to have my back, or heaven forbit, go to war with...:rolleyestf:

Yea, I agree, Earl was little girly man who didn't understand what a real man's sport was all about. Going to fake war is much more important than winning baseball games.

Archived