vs. TWINS, 3/25 (Spring Training)

OFFNY

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So someone tell me again how it might be possible to keep Reimold and get him to AAA without losing him' date=' besides the DL? Is it waivers and if no other team claims him? If so, they have to take on his salary and keep him on the 25 man right?[/quote']

Right. And making a million+ not many would take him. I would think.

EDIT: Not exactly. If someone claimed we'd lose him. Whoever would just be in our same situation because he has no options. I think...

So someone tell me again how it might be possible to keep Reimold and get him to AAA without losing him' date=' besides the DL? Is it waivers and if no other team claims him? If so, they have to take on his salary and keep him on the 25 man right?[/quote']

It's not very common, but I'm wondering if a player without options AGREES to go down to AAA would allow us to keep him without DFA-ing him.

Last year, Wada agreed to stay down at AAA-Norfolk, but that was when he was coming off of the D.L., so I don't know if that is the same thing.

It's not very common, but I'm wondering if a player without options AGREES to go down to AAA would allow us to keep him without DFA-ing him.

I don't think so. If you're out of options, you get exposed to waivers if you try to get sent down.

Archived