Hardy confused from lack of extension talk

SerenityNow

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be surprised if he leaves. He gets a qualifying offer for sure.

He's heating up at the right time. Of course, there is still a long way to go for him to make his case. But do you think he accepts a QO? I'm not sure he does especially if he continues to hit and the power numbers are strong through season's end.

He's heating up at the right time. Of course, there is still a long way to go for him to make his case. But do you think he accepts a QO? I'm not sure he does especially if he continues to hit and the power numbers are strong through season's end.

I think Buck will have a public fit if JJ leaves.

I do not think he accepts a qualifying offer. If there is one major market team interested in him, he could possibly get a 4/48 or 4/52 type of contract, which is what Peralta got. He seems like a bad fit for Yankee Stadium. The Mets need a SS but see them trading pitching for a younger one. Dodgers have the Cuban coming up if Hanley leaves. Angels have Aybar. Detroit? Boston? I'm sure there will be some team that will pay him crazy money. I don't think we should be that team. If he's willing to accept a 3/36 type of contact with a vesting option, maybe but otherwise, "Thanks for the best 4 year run of your career, J.J."

Then who plays SS?

I think Buck will have a public fit if JJ leaves.

He seemed to be having a fit at the thought of Wieter's leaving. DD will figure it out, but he's not going to pay stupid money for Hardy and all indications are they were not very close before. I don't see how that gets better with Hardy drawing closer to free agency and playing well.

It sucks but we may very well have to do without him next year.

I think if they win the World Series, Peter Angelos will be tempted to bring the band back one more time. However...

One factor that I think could keep both JJ and Nick from being re-signed is that they will both become 10/5 guys with one more season with the Orioles. That would mean they couldn't be traded anywhere without their permission. I don't see how a team with the Orioles' budget constraints can carry a 10/5 guy who isn't Ripkenesque in terms of contribution and fan devotion. These guys are nowhere close.

Sorry. I took it the wrong way, I guess. I would think the O's would go for a defensive option at SS. I'd expect Duquette to get a couple of Pedro Florimon types or possibly get a veteran who's available. I do not know who that might be.

I wonder if the payroll limit will be tied to how far we advance in the playoffs.

Yeah, sorry RZ. That was way too far on my part.

If only we could all keep up with Gordo's brilliance.

Yeah, he just seems grumpy because we aren't intelligent enough to understand him.

Pretty much. We can admire it though. Even if it's beyond our scope of understanding.

Archived