Flash Era Coming to an End?

Shabadoo25

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When is this thread coming to an end?

#gettingold

Haha

This thread was made when they were six back, now three up. I don't see how he's hurting the team any.

He isn't hurting the team at all now that Manny's back and Flash spends most games on the bench which is his best position.

OOo.287.

OOOAlso, .270 and .266 in two other seasons.

Blade was among the league leaders, hitting close to .340 for the first 2+ months of that .270 season. He reverted to form after a hot start in 1976.

Blade was among the league leaders, hitting close to .340 for the first 2+ months of that .270 season. He reverted to form after a hot start in 1976.

His defense (unlike Flash) was good enough he could hit like a pitcher and still start on a prennial contender for many years.

His defense (unlike Flash) was good enough he could hit like a pitcher and still start on a prennial contender for many years.

Undoubtedly. Did not mean to suggest Flash could wash Blade's jock without juggling it first.

How about working on better analogies.

Nice job--censoring my retort.

So, the mods can insult the posters, encouraging the kind of behavior that weams said would result in booting people off the site for a while. But when a poster responds to the insults of a moderator, that person gets gagged.

Tony, your insults are unprofessional and irresponsible as a moderator. You are unfit for the position. And that you deleted my response to your insult is a reflection of someone who abuses his role. You should be removed as mod. Or, at least, you should be man enough to take an insult when you are the one starting the fight.

So, the mods can insult the posters, encouraging the kind of behavior that weams said would result in booting people off the site for a while. But when a poster responds to the insults of a moderator, that person gets gagged.

Tony, your insults are unprofessional and irresponsible as a moderator. You are unfit for the position. And that you deleted my response to your insult is a reflection of someone who abuses his role. You should be removed as mod. Or, at least, you should be man enough to take an insult when you are the one starting the fight.

I wasn't the one who deleted it. As to the rest of your post, I'm considering the source.

I wasn't the one who deleted it. As to the rest of your post, I'm considering the source.

Nor was I. Though complaining in threads about moderation or moderators in general is grounds for banning. I was at the game. It was good that I was not reading some of what I suppose was said in real time.

Please PM me about what things I said that I have not followed through on.

Ok, you had enough balls to let my response stand. I'll give you that.

Still, I think mods, like umpires, shouldn't start the fight. It was you who (rightly) declared 'Enough' to two posters slinging their crap at each other in a different post. It's probably good policy for mods to set an example to others by not slamming those of us who particpate in this forum.

Hell, I was just trying to find agreement with another member about Belanger's defensive superiority to Flaherty in a light-hearted manner. That gets my balls busted by a mod!? I'll work on my analogies. Meanwhile, I hope all the mods, including whoever it was who deleted my post, will consider what 'moderator' means.

Ok, you had enough balls to let my response stand. I'll give you that.

Still, I think mods, like umpires, shouldn't start the fight. It was you who (rightly) declared 'Enough' to two posters slinging their crap at each other in a different post. It's probably good policy for mods to set an example to others by not slamming those of us who particpate in this forum.

Hell, I was just trying to find agreement with another member about Belanger's defensive superiority to Flaherty in a light-hearted manner. That gets my balls busted by a mod!? I'll work on my analogies. Meanwhile, I hope all the mods, including whoever it was who deleted my post, will consider what 'moderator' means.

We can talk offline.

Nor was I. Though complaining in threads about moderation or moderators in general is grounds for banning. I was at the game. It was good that I was not reading some of what I suppose was said in real time.

What I said was some stupid insult, responding to an insult. I have no hard feelings to Tony, since he chose to let my dickish response to his original swipe remain. But I stand by my suggestion that the mods should discuss what is appropriate behavior, considering you are the 'role-models' through whom others decide what is acceptable. As well, the discussion should be had with the mod who chose to remove one person's insult but not the other's insult, as it seems an abuse of power, like Harvey Keitel's character in Bad Lieutenant. See, I have been working on my analogies. ;)

Archived