Flash Era Coming to an End?

Shabadoo25

What I said was some stupid insult, responding to an insult. I have no hard feelings to Tony, since he chose to let my dickish response to his original swipe remain. But I stand by my suggestion that the mods should discuss what is appropriate behavior, considering you are the 'role-models' through whom others decide what is acceptable. As well, the discussion should be had with the mod who chose to remove one person's insult but not the other's insult, as it seems an abuse of power, like Harvey Keitel's character in Bad Lieutenant. See, I have been working on my analogies. ;)

If I read that right, you are trying to apologize to Tony? If so, I think you should. By PM

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We can talk offline.

Feel free to delete all my posts on the matter of mods. I expect that there will be some sort of discussion, regardless of whetehr policies change.

I have no evidence of you not following through on anything, weams. I was just referencing a comment you made elsewhere regarding proper decorum on this site.

What I said was some stupid insult, responding to an insult. I have no hard feelings to Tony, since he chose to let my dickish response to his original swipe remain. But I stand by my suggestion that the mods should discuss what is appropriate behavior, considering you are the 'role-models' through whom others decide what is acceptable. As well, the discussion should be had with the mod who chose to remove one person's insult but not the other's insult, as it seems an abuse of power, like Harvey Keitel's character in Bad Lieutenant. See, I have been working on my analogies. ;)
I thought your first analogy was unnecessarily crude. You decided to more than triple down on that in the remark that was deleted. I choose not to respond in kind. End of discussion.
If I read that right, you are trying to apologize to Tony? If so, I think you should. By PM
That's not my interpretation but for the sake of discussion let's end this derailment right here and get back on topic.

Feel free to delete all my posts on the matter of mods. I expect that there will be some sort of discussion, regardless of whetehr policies change.

I have no evidence of you not following through on anything, weams. I was just referencing a comment you made elsewhere regarding proper decorum on this site.

Start with making an apology to Tony.

Yes, I'm apologizing to Tony for saying that he abused his power by deleting my response to his original insult.

I'm not apologigizing for my comeback. That's what usually happens: someone says something, the other person says something back.

In the end, it's all no big deal about the original insult either. It was dickish, sure. So was mine. But both had a snarkiness that could be said was tongue-in-cheek.

I'll save the PMs for something more important. And I will brush it off that Tony's insult of me stands while mine was deleted. But I have no problem with Tony. I do have a bad taste about the mod who deleted my response, however, as it seems there was a double-standard being applied.

I thought your first analogy was unnecessarily crude. You decided to more than triple down on that in the remark that was deleted. I choose not to respond in kind. End of discussion.

That's not my interpretation but for the sake of discussion let's end this derailment right here and get back on topic.

Usually, it is said that a player couldn't hold another's jock (meaning he is not as good). Washing the jock seems no cruder to me. Heck, I didn't think it was crude at all.

As for the triple down, yep, that's common --and predictable-- as things escalate.

So again, sorry Tony, for saying you abused your role. You did not. You slung it and took it, too. That says something good about you.

(still I felt a bit blindsided. I agree it wasn't the best analogy, but I didn't think it was so bad as to get busted on.)

Tony, I hope you will accept my apology about abuse of power. Hell, I'm even sorry about the response. Now, can one of you delete this conversation or will I have to go back and edit my posts with a variety of emoticons?:smile11:

Ok, you had enough balls to let my response stand. I'll give you that.

Still, I think mods, like umpires, shouldn't start the fight. It was you who (rightly) declared 'Enough' to two posters slinging their crap at each other in a different post. It's probably good policy for mods to set an example to others by not slamming those of us who particpate in this forum.

Hell, I was just trying to find agreement with another member about Belanger's defensive superiority to Flaherty in a light-hearted manner. That gets my balls busted by a mod!? I'll work on my analogies. Meanwhile, I hope all the mods, including whoever it was who deleted my post, will consider what 'moderator' means.

I thought your initial post in comparing the two was downright funny. It made me laugh. Now the second one, I was actually shocked that it stood for a while.....I figured though you meant it as an insult to the tv character not the OH namesake.

Archived