A.J. Burnett

Greg

Considering at this moment they have nothing to rebuild with.

Preaching to the choir. They're possibly the worst run FO in baseball, but they don't seem to care. Everyone is determined to go down with the ship and keep it down at least 10 years.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know' date=' I was lurking at the time, that's why I said Philly got value for Thome. They didn't call Baltimore and say, "Please take this contract off our hands, we will take anything." Which is what some posters appear to be suggesting they are doing with Burnett. The Phillies got as good of a deal back for Thome as they could possibly get. And at the time, it with such a good deal that many people on this board hated it.[/quote']

Getting real value and perceived value are not the same. Especially considering our, how do you say, ability to draft and develop players leaves alot to be desired. Didn't bother me giving up either and I didn't have the problem most did with Thome. Figured if we were lucky he'd get hot and help us win a couple more games. Also I thought his knowledge and experience was worth more then his "skill".

Why do we need AJ Burnett?We already have pitchers with mid 4 ERA's. We can do better by doing nothing.
That's a good question nobody seems to want to answer. If you put Burnett into the rotation then either Gausman or Gonzo goes to the pen and the other goes to Norfolk. I prefer Guasman in the rotation to Burnett and Gonzo in the pen as long man spot starter.

Preaching to the choir. They're possibly the worst run FO in baseball, but they don't seem to care. Everyone is determined to go down with the ship and keep it down at least 10 years.

They should have sold off everything 3-4 years ago. Utley, Rollins, Howard, and Halladay should have been traded for anything they could have gotten at the time. Lee still has some value and should be traded this year.

They should have sold off everything 3-4 years ago. Utley, Rollins, Howard, and Halladay should have been traded for anything they could have gotten at the time. Lee still has some value and should be traded this year.

We know the team President wasn't interested in selling off, maybe ownership wasn't either.

That's a good question nobody seems to want to answer. If you put Burnett into the rotation then either Gausman or Gonzo goes to the pen and the other goes to Norfolk. I prefer Guasman in the rotation to Burnett and Gonzo in the pen as long man spot starter.

I'm not sure anybody can answer it, as I don't think there is anybody in the pro-Burnett wagon on this board. Or at least they haven't posted yet.

They could probably get a decent haul for those players if they were willing to eat a ton of money, and some of those players were willing to be traded. I don't understand how every player in the Philly organization basically controls where/if they can be traded.

Archived