Lester Traded

sandman0838

Willingham perhaps?

Maybe? Although with Gomes already in the fold that might be a little odd. Also, think about the downgrade in defense from Cespedes to Willingham. I'm assuming it's bad enough going from Cespedes to Gomes.

I know the A's would like to upgrade 2B, but I can't see the Twins trading Brian Dozier, even for a nice young pitcher like Milone. Although I have no idea what the Twins have in their 2B pipeline.

It was speculated that Sam Fuld could be part of the return, but Milone for Fuld?? That doesn't make sense to me either.

we'll see...

EDIT: Well it has been reported that Fuld is in the Milone deal. Don't know if there are other parts to the deal or if it is Fuld for Milone straight up. IF straight up, GREAT deal for the Twins, IMO.

Because favorites have never lost a short series right Roy?

Lester moves the needle a lot less for Oakland then he would for the O's or the Pirates.

C'mon you mean you don't remember all of the rings they won with Hudson, Mulder and Zito?

Horrible move IMO for the As. They just traded away the guy who had the potential to be their every day LF for a decade or more, a guy who could play at a very high level, for essentially 10 regular season starts and the playoffs. The Os are already pretty much a lock to make the playoffs at this point, so that doesn't matter much at this point. And in the playoffs, anything can happen in a short history. In any given series, he would get AT MOST two starts.

Going for it is one thing. But IMO, this was an unnecessary over the top move by the As at the expense of their offense now, and of the team's future overall.

Horrible move IMO for the As. They just traded away the guy who had the potential to be their every day LF for a decade or more, a guy who could play at a very high level, for essentially 10 regular season starts and the playoffs. The Os are already pretty much a lock to make the playoffs at this point, so that doesn't matter much at this point. And in the playoffs, anything can happen in a short history. In any given series, he would get AT MOST two starts.

Cespedes is a free agent after next season, and the A's weren't confident about their chances to re-sign him. It's unlikely he would've been their LF for a decade.

Going for it is one thing. But IMO, this was an unnecessary over the top move by the As at the expense of their offense now, and of the team's future overall.

Whoa, mental note - don't drink coffee while reading HokieOs posts. :cool:

Maybe I'm overrating Cespedes, but I do think the A's are going to regret trading him, so I concur on that part.

Whoa, mental note - don't drink coffee while reading HokieOs posts. :cool:

Maybe I'm overrating Cespedes, but I do think the A's are going to regret trading him, so I concur on that part.

He isn't an overwhelming force but those people comparing him to Tony Bautista were really selling him short.

Archived