Lester Traded

sandman0838

The Phillies had the supposed super-rotation of Halladay-Lee-Hamels-Oswalt and they didn't go to the World Series, but still a good pickup for Oakland, especially with Hammel getting knocked around in the AL. I'm not sure what the Red Sox are thinking, though. Cespedes has a lot of pop but very low OBP.

Hey, just my opinion.Thats not a knock on us.Its Lester, Gray,Samardzija in a short series.Pretty damn good IMO.

Actually Roy you forgot Kazmir. He's at the top of that rotation right now. Kazmir, Lester, Gray, Samardzija.

Are there any concerns about Gray slowing down/tiring out in September/October due to innings?

Yes they are the favorites, they already were.

Also, surprised Tommy Milone wasn't part of this deal. I wonder if the A's can use him in an effort to add offense??

Actually Roy you forgot Kazmir. He's at the top of that rotation right now. Kazmir, Lester, Gray, Samardzija.

Are there any concerns about Gray slowing down/tiring out in September/October due to innings?

Also, surprised Tommy Milone wasn't part of this deal. I wonder if the A's can use him in an effort to add offense??

Hell, they'll probably send him back down to control his arbitration costs like they did Milone. Maybe Lester will be as bad as Hammel.

No way, re: Gray. He's a horse.

Thanks for the response, I was afraid of that. :(

Going back four years, started Vandy season in February and was still mid-90s with hammer at the end of July. Pitched through early October last year and was nails in Game 5 opposite Verlander.

Apparently Milone has just been traded to the Twins. Return unknown at this point. Stay tuned...

Archived