Ubaldo moves to the bullpen

xian4

The first Oriole to win 20 games was Bob Emslie, who went 32-17 for the 1884 American Association (then a major league) Orioles. In 1901 Iron Man McGinnity won 26 games for the first American League Orioles, the team that dissolved to make way for the Yankees. Many International League Orioles won 20+ games, including Lefty Grove who won 20+ three times in the early 1920s. Chuck Estrada came close in 1960, when he went 18-11 in only 25 starts plus eleven relief appearances. Barber was the first player to win 20 in the post-Browns era in 1963.

Thanks for the history, but I should have clarified I was speaking of the Orioles team that started in 1954 the modern or current version which begain a year before I did.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This move was surprising to me in that I expected him to get another shot or two at staying in the rotation based on his contract etc... when I say surprising its not that I thought Ubaldo had done much recently to deserved the opportunity but many times that has little to do with it. Glad that is not the case here

It is the right move, I am very happy that this team has a front office and manager who are more interested in winning than anything else.

Archived