Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Under the CBA they won't disclose it if it's not tied to a suspension. In the NFL, I don't even think they suspend players for first time PED positives.

Yeah James just explained that to me, got it. Just SMH at the whole thing. Anyhow, we've had adversity all year. Can and hopefully will win without him.

Gotcha, thanks. Agree with you about the bottom line here. Don't know what he was thinking.

Well he might have been thinking: "I need my medication so I can function as a human." And decided the risk/ reward of that was worth it. Perhaps he started taking lower doses (which may have explained his terrible season at the plate) but they still tripped the test.

Of course, this is the ONLY situation, where Davis doesn't look like an idiot.

I was thinking the same thing, everyone will be calling him a steroid user now.

reason #5,679 he's an idiot for putting himself in this situation. yes, people will connect the dots, and personally, I won't blame them.

he's a prime example why everyone suspects everyone. he even opened his mouth against PED's......then gets caught taking a banned substance.

stop taking banned substances, stop lying through your teeth.....and maybe, just maybe, the fans might get some confidence back.

in the meantime, these guys get what they deserve imo.

Well he might have been thinking: "I need my medication so I can function as a human." And decided the risk/ reward of that was worth it. Perhaps he started taking lower doses (which may have explained his terrible season at the plate) but they still tripped the test.

Right, I guess we shall see what happens here.

Once you get popped once you HAVE to stop using.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck: "You've got to learn to deal with the problems challenges along the way and if they're self inflicted there's no woe-is-me."</p>— David Wilson (@DBWilson2) <a href="

">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like this quote from Buck.

There are some 100 players allowed to use. Davis isn't one of them. Think they are just picking on him?

No, but it would be interesting to hear the rationale for his denial of the exemption from the league. Perhaps they were cracking down on them because they knew it was coming out that gave ARod a testosterone exemption in 07 and it makes them look bad.

Certainly Davis isn't the only one that had an exemption revoked.

Forgive me in advance but is anyone else having Raffy 2005 flashbacks? The season certainly did not go well after THAT announcement! I was in the Yard the day they announced that one for a mid-week day game. Will never forget it.

Hope 2014 turns out better than that one did...

Archived