Game #1 ALDS game time

srh523

Am I remembering incorrectly or did these games get played at the same time a couple of years ago?

In 2012, games 1 and 2 of the ALDS against the Yankees were both evening/night games. Game 1 on Sunday was supposed to be at 6:30, but got delayed a few hours for rain. Game 2 on the Monday was also in the evening.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 2012, games 1 and 2 of the ALDS against the Yankees were both evening/night games. Game 1 on Sunday was supposed to be at 6:30, but got delayed a few hours for rain. Game 2 on the Monday was also in the evening.

Thanks. I'd almost rather have it that way than having a game played at noon!

Thanks. I'd almost rather have it that way than having a game played at noon!

You have no idea how cold, wet, miserable, and exhausted I was when I got home that first game.

I had been watching the games all September at the local watering hole, and for the playoff game the next day I was still recovering, and just watched it at home by myself.

It says on weather.com that it's going to be cloudy on Friday. But if that turns out to be wrong and it's sunny AND the Orioles play at noon, there are going be late shadows... that's going to be a big boost to Detroit's crappy bullpen. Yet another reason to hope that the game gets played later.

Oh I gotcha. Carry on! My bad.

Yeah not trying to be a Richard about it. They said if the Royals won, the games would start 30 minutes earlier, whereas if the A's won, the games would start 30 minutes later. What does the 30 minutes really matter? Do you think the fans for the west coast game will really increase that much 30 minutes later? Why not just start the games 30 minutes later anyway.

Yeah not trying to be a Richard about it. They said if the Royals won, the games would start 30 minutes earlier, whereas if the A's won, the games would start 30 minutes later. What does the 30 minutes really matter? Do you think the fans for the west coast game will really increase that much 30 minutes later? Why not just start the games 30 minutes later anyway.

A's-Angels game probably would have been slated for 9:30 or 10pm start time (EDT) since both are West Coast teams. That would have the Detroit-O's game at 6pm (approx 3.5 hours between games).

Royals-Angels game is slated for 9pm start time EDT (8pm CDT (KC time zone), 6pm PDT (LAA time zone)). 3.5 hours prior to that is 5:30. O's-Tigers.

The networks, it seems, try to schedule 3.5 hours between the (two) games to account for long games and/or pre-and-postgame hoopla. On days where four games are played (on two different networks), the games seem to be staggered by 2 or 2.5 hours (and on alternating networks).

They're likely taking the KC fans into consideration. A 8:00 CT start is easier than a 8:30 CT start for those who have to be at work the next morning. Especially if there's another 12 inning marathon! If it makes anyone feel better, we're probably getting a daytime start on Monday too. Four games, two involving west coast teams (Dodgers and Angels, albeit on the road in Central time), one either in Pittsburgh or SF, and ours in Detroit. If the Nationals are in SF, that will likely be the late game. If the Nats are in Pittsburgh, I bet they give the Nats the 3:00 start on Monday (flip flop from the O's getting the 3:00 on Friday).

Archived