Game #1 ALDS game time

srh523

Yep. I was already rooting for the Pirates. Now I am rooting even harder for them.

I was going to root for SF because (a) I like the city; (b) I love Jon Miller; © The Giants have never beaten us in the World Series...

But the chance of a 3:07 start (and NOT 12:07) for game 2 on Friday trumps all this.

So once again, go Pirates!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put me down for a Bucs win, as well. 3:00 game would be great. 12:00 game would be awful.

Absolutely agree. I would need to take the whole day off on Friday if it's at noon. 3:00 only 1/2 a day.

Besides I like the Pirates. Also, my nephew lives there and he could hook me up for tickets if they would get far enough into the playoffs. :thumbsup1:

I absolutely expect the Pirates to win that game. They have looked like the better team this season. However that being said, I still do not trust this Friday "schedule". TBS will ultimately decide the time they want to make this game. For all we know it could be in the evening and one of the west coast games get the 3pm start time. TBS may want their games back to back so we could get the 6:30 game and Angels would get 9:30. And that is indeed my prediction.

Well I just put my game 2 ticket up on stubhub. I live in VA so that would mean full day PTO for me. With a baby due in December and hoping the O's go past the division series, I gotta save the day off. For game 1, at least I can work half a day and be one of the first ones in the park. With the earlier game time, I should avoid most of DC traffic. Wohoo!

I booked a hotel last week for Friday to stay in the city thinking it was a later game now a 307 game would be great but a

12pm game is just crazy. I would have to leave my house by 9am just to get to the park by 1030 to get to parking and enough time to relax and get to my seats. Atleast a 3pm game gives me more time

I booked a hotel last week for Friday to stay in the city thinking it was a later game now a 307 game would be great but a

12pm game is just crazy. I would have to leave my house by 9am just to get to the park by 1030 to get to parking and enough time to relax and get to my seats. Atleast a 3pm game gives me more time

Tell me about it...this kind of sucks. I live in Richmond, if I leave on Friday morning for a noon game...I probably have to leave by like 7 to compensate for traffic. Maybe the wife will agree to leave Thursday night after work and switch the hotel to Thursday instead of Friday. Ugghhh

Yeah even if we do not get that game time, you feel bad for the teams stuck with it. People just are not as energetic at noon as they are at say 6 pm in my opinion.

Absolutely agree. I would need to take the whole day off on Friday if it's at noon. 3:00 only 1/2 a day.

Taking time off work before mid-day early afternoon on Friday is not even an option for me--I have firm commitments until 2 pm. Another 45 min to get back home or make it to a local bar... This makes a 3:07 start very manageable. 12:07 on the other hand... I'd be lucky to catch the last two innings.

Not happy that this hinges on a game (the NL wild card) that would otherwise have no real significance for us...

yeah i went and looked....it looked like a bomb went off north of the stadiums. I couldn't believe it. You might have to walk 2 miles, but parking would have been no problem.

Having said that, I walk to every orioles game.

But let be real for a second. This city puts on a race in downtown that boogers everything up for the entire labor day weekend--including Friday. Its a September baseball game. 20K-25K paid attendance tops. That's 80 thousand people if you include the people at the Ravens Game.

I couldn't give away my tickets to the Red Sox game the weekend before last weekend. If You think there would have been cray-cray- demand for a lousy game against the White Sox, well You might be drinking the kool-aid.

But not being able to put on 2 major sporting events simultaneously is pathetic. What if it was us that was in Detroit's shoes?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>True story: you can buy lousy seats to Tigers-O's game in Detroit and fly there and back for same price as best seats in Balt (~$450)</p>— Justin Fenton (@justin_fenton) <a href="

">September 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived