Nlds (Giants vs. Nationals)

scOtt

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Blogs wrote a whole piece on just that commercial

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/you-dont-have-to-be-lonely/

Originally posted by Joe Posnanski:

I have come to realize that I have spent much of life in search of an answer. But I never knew the question. Now, as I close in on my 47th birthday, I finally know what I seek. The question is: ?Why does that dog speak on the Farmer?s Only commercial?? Why? What combination of genius and madness and inspiration and drunkedness compelled the makers to have the dog speak? What was that pitch meeting like? What were they going for? How did they find a speaking dog?

I've never been in a pitch meeting where anybody - and I mean anybody - in a decision making position spoke like this. They would be totally and completely focused on why the girl with the fishing rod and whose back was turned to the camera wasn't topless.

"I mean, why, WHY, am I wasting my time dealing with non-professionals?" they would scream...

Originally posted by Joe Posnanski:

I've never been in a pitch meeting where anybody - and I mean anybody - in a decision making position spoke like this. They would be totally and completely focused on why the girl with the fishing rod and whose back was turned to the camera wasn't topless.

"I mean, why, WHY, am I wasting my time dealing with non-professionals?" they would scream...

At least have some nice Daisy Dukes on!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• And paid Scherzer, and Zimmerman, and Corbin, and Werth.   They didn’t all work out, but nobody could say the Nats didn’t spend to put a winning team on the field during their run.  The run basically ended because Stras II and Corbin blew up in their face.   But there’s always 2019.   
    • I can’t believe that 8 hours after Grayson stepped off the mound, I’m the first person to update his thread.   After a 19-day IL stint and without a rehab stint, Grayson threw 6 innings of one-hit shutout ball last night.  The one hit was an infield squibber hit 59.5 mph off the bat.  His command was a tad shaky at times, as he walked three and hit a batter, but he still breezed through 6 innings on 82 pitches, 50 for strikes.  If it hadn’t been his first outing in three weeks, he certainly could have pitched the 7th inning.  Unfortunately, the bullpen blew it for him. Fastball topped out at 98.4 and he was still hitting 97 in his final inning.  
    • I think half of Fangraphs’ staff over the years came from Lookout Landing.   I rarely read other teams’ sites, but I agree Pinstripe Alley is one of the best Yankee sites.     
    • For one thing, they don’t have Bautista shutting things down in the 9th inning or extra innings.   Second, 30-16 just doesn’t happen every year.  I’m actually pretty encouraged that the O’s have played .650 baseball without winning a disproportionate number of close games.    
    • Four more shutout innings for Chace last night, 2 hits, 3 walks, 6 strikeouts.   His ERA is 0.91, WHiP 1.21, K/9 12.7.   The only blemish is his 5.2 BB/9.   He’s pitched 8 games and has only allowed runs in two of them.   Yesterday he threw 45 of 68 pitches for strikes.  For some reason the O’s kind of have him under wraps, as he’s only been allowed to exceed 70 pitches twice, back in April.  He’s also been kept to four inning outings.  They’re clearly being very careful with the 20-year old (turns 21 in three weeks).  In fairness, they did need to shut him down for a month late last summer, so I’m guessing it’s more season load management than game-by-game decisions.   In any event, it’s been a promising campaign for Chace.    
    • I mean, I don't want to denigrate your experience, but I think you're underestimating the power potential of elite athletes.  The leg strength required to send a grown man 20 mph from a dead stop is the same leg strength required to do a deadlift, or do a squat.  Can your buddy run a 4.5 40?
    • The Orioles were 30-16 in one-run games in 2023. They are 6-6 this year so far. Orioles magic hasn’t been there this year, at least so far. What changed?
  • Popular Contributors