Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

When is the deadline to do this upgrade?

I think this is poison. They probably want to destroy as many 13 game plans as possible, especially the Sunday plan. Ugh. I would lose my butt trying to find people willing to give me money for random night games. Ugh.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the current info on the Orioles' website re: postseason tickets for 2015 season ticket deposits:
[u]2015 Season Plan   Deposit Amount           Your 2014 Postseason Ticket Guarantee[/u]20-game             $375 per seat	2 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 of ALCS and World Series29-game             $500 per seat	4 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 [b][u]and[/u][/b] 6 or 7 of ALCS and World Series40-game             $750 per seat	6 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 [b][u]and[/u][/b] 6 [b]AND[/b] 7 of ALCS and World Series81-game             $1,000 per seat	Guaranteed: ALL GAMES

Source

Edit: Did not see cwalston's earlier post. But this being on the O's website confirms his info.

Yes, I don't doubt that this part of it is correct. I'm just not sure how it interplays with the extra ticket purchase opportunity AND with the tickets you already have as a 2014 season plan holder.

(If you are a current Season Plan Holder there is no need to place a deposit for Postseason priority.)

Oh Orilol's.

Can anyone else confirm independently with Le Orioles what Dr. Walston is saying?

edit: To update a previous item, the deadline is 5 pm today to make the deposit. I assume that this will also apply to the existing 13 game planners to reestablish their lesser nobility status among O's fans.

(If you are a current Season Plan Holder there is no need to place a deposit for Postseason priority.)

Oh Orilol's.

Can anyone else confirm independently with Le Orioles what Dr. Walston is saying?

Maybe not but if you have a 2 seat plan that you share with your spouse, you can just have your spouse sign up in her name and double your postseason ticket opportunity. Since current plan holders have no obligation to purchase tickets next year there is no risk if you were going to renew for next year. It doesn't seem fair at all.

Maybe not but if you have a 2 seat plan that you share with your spouse, you can just have your spouse sign up in her name and double your postseason ticket opportunity. Since current plan holders have no obligation to purchase tickets next year there is no risk if you were going to renew for next year. It doesn't seem fair at all.

Unless You really liked Your seats. It is quite the poison pill. That's probably why they made it lousy for ex 13 gamers in ALCS, to get them to buy more and to destroy the Sunday 13 game plan.

That's my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking with it.

Oh Orilol's.

I've left a message for my ticket rep. I'm sure they are swamped right now, but if/when he calls me back, I'll post the details.

I have a Sunday plan, and I'm on the eastern shore, so I don't really want more than 13 games, but it is what it is. Right now, I'm just wondering what the effect will be of all the new additional 13 game ST holders. I wonder if all 13 gamers will HAVE to upgrade to a 20 game plan? I also wonder what chance 13 gamers (or 20 if all are forced to upgrade) will have to keep B/C parking. I want to keep my seats, and I want B/C parking.

Like I said, I've got a bunch of questions for my ticket rep. As soon as I talk to him and get some clarification, I'll relay the info.

I've left a message for my ticket rep. I'm sure they are swamped right now, but if/when he calls me back, I'll post the details.

I have a Sunday plan, and I'm on the eastern shore, so I don't really want more than 13 games, but it is what it is.

As am I. I'm upgrading but moving to worse seats. I then plan to exchange them for better seats for less games. My cousin has been doing this for years, and I finally decided to follow his advice so that I can get WS tickets lol.

Also, I emailed my rep back asking a few questions but that was over a few hours ago. I'm sure the people placing their deposits are their number one priority right now. Once I get a response I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I have a Sunday plan, and I'm on the eastern shore, so I don't really want more than 13 games, but it is what it is. Right now, I'm just wondering what the effect will be of all the new additional 13 game ST holders. I wonder if all 13 gamers will HAVE to upgrade to a 20 game plan? I also wonder what chance 13 gamers (or 20 if all are forced to upgrade) will have to keep B/C parking. I want to keep my seats, and I want B/C parking.

Like I said, I've got a bunch of questions for my ticket rep. As soon as I talk to him and get some clarification, I'll relay the info.

They are not getting rid of the 13-game plans, from what I've heard. The other plans are additional. I'm waiting for my rep to call me back to discuss more. Given the price of my 13-game plan, I can buy a 29-game plan in a cheaper section, and then should be able to swap for the seats I want on Sundays. At least that's my thinking. I'm waiting to talk to my rep about it. In any event, the first woman I spoke to on the phone said she didn't think I could get anymore ALCS tickets as I already have 2 tickets to each of the four games.

Beware though: If they sell enough ST's....and everyone tries to play musical chairs....it might not be possible. At some point, the availability of seat swapping will be diminished.

Gone may be the days where you can trade terrace box seats and luckbox into seats under the pressbox.

In any event, the first woman I spoke to on the phone said she didn't think I could get anymore ALCS tickets as I already have 2 tickets to each of the four games.

That's what I assumed, but the email said different. I'm fine with not getting any, however, I'll take them if they're lowers and sell my current ones. I feel as if the upgrade fee should be cheaper for current plan holders. I believe the 13 game deposit was $250, so we should be able to pay the difference in my opinion. But I don't make the rules.

Beware though: If they sell enough ST's....and everyone tries to play musical chairs....it might not be possible. At some point, the availability of seat swapping will be diminished.

Gone may be the days where you can trade terrace box seats and luckbox into seats under the pressbox.

Our usual seats were in the LF Picnic Perch. Our wives like the value that provides. Based on my analysis of seat availability, those do not appear to be popular with season ticket holders. We've been in the front row of those sections, and have a good view of the game with the benefit of "included" food.

That's what I assumed, but the email said different. I'm fine with not getting any, however, I'll take them if they're lowers and sell my current ones. I feel as if the upgrade fee should be cheaper for current plan holders. I believe the 13 game deposit was $250, so we should be able to pay the difference in my opinion. But I don't make the rules.

I'd make a trade as well, but I don't know if they'll allow that. If I could sell extra to friends or other hangouters at face value, all the better.

I have been told the 13 game plans are still in affect next year. Just that they are the cheapest and people went for them.

Based on demand and current ticket holders ,there are none left for the 2015 deposit plan. We shall see.

Per the Sum:

The team said the 13-game plans that include this year's postseason tickets are sold out, but fans who placed deposits on 29- or 81-game plans by 5 p.m. Wednesday are guaranteed playoff seats.

The club said its policies did not undercut existing plan holders.

Bader said all 13-game plan holders were offered an opportunity more than a month ago to buy tickets to Game 2 of the league championship series and World Series if the Orioles advance that far.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-orioles-ticket-crunch-20141007,0,717532.story#ixzz3FZ52CDrS

Archived