2014 11-15 prospects

Tony-OH

11. Steven Brault - LHP : Some scouts feel a good comp for him is Troy Patton though others think he could stick at the back end of the rotation.

12. Tyler Wilson - RHP : With the Orioles rotation filled for 2015, he'll need an injury to see much big league time in 2015 but in the meantime he will provide solid starting pitching depth in Norfolk.

13. Tim Berry - LHP : Although Berry could end up a back of the rotation starter, he could end up a real weapon out of the pen. If healthy, he'll start 2015 in Norfolk and could see major league action as well.

14. Stephen Tarpley - LHP : When it comes to pure stuff from a left-hander within the organization, no one can touch Tarpley's fastball curveball combination.

15. David Hess - RHP : Some scouts feel he's best suited for a reliever role though the Orioles will run him out as as starter in 2015 and should have a better idea of what they got after next season.

Profiles - Plus members only

Tony, I'm curious why you ranked Brault the highest in this group. The scouting report didn't wow me (compared to the others in this bracket).

On the other hand, I liked what you had to say about Tyler Wilson.

Brault has had the most success so far in his career and although his fastball is not impressive, he's a three pitch lefty with good command. If things fall right, he has a decent chance to stick as a starter. Honestly, I could build a case for any of these guys in any order. Sometimes when guys are close, I go with my gut feeling or allow the statistics to be the quantifier.

11. Steven Brault - LHP : Some scouts feel a good comp for him is Troy Patton though others think he could stick at the back end of the rotation.

12. Tyler Wilson - RHP : With the Orioles rotation filled for 2015, he'll need an injury to see much big league time in 2015 but in the meantime he will provide solid starting pitching depth in Norfolk.

13. Tim Berry - LHP : Although Berry could end up a back of the rotation starter, he could end up a real weapon out of the pen. If healthy, he'll start 2015 in Norfolk and could see major league action as well.

14. Stephen Tarpley - LHP : When it comes to pure stuff from a left-hander within the organization, no one can touch Tarpley's fastball curveball combination.

15. David Hess - RHP : Some scouts feel he's best suited for a reliever role though the Orioles will run him out as as starter in 2015 and should have a better idea of what they got after next season.

Profiles - Plus members only

Excellent info!

Archived