Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On another forum another poster mentioned that the whole thing was controversial up ther too, that no one from the day-to-day operations of the team did this, but one of Rogers' kids did this behind everyone's back.

It was Eddie!

edward-rogers-the-man-who-would-be-king-01.jpg

It's all up to the Blue Jays offer something fair this is over tomorrow.

How do you come up with a definition of "fair"? There is little precedent for an executive of the year in the first year of a 4 year contract extension going to a division rival? There is no "WAR" or stat that can measure the value of prospect(s) against the value of a front office person.

Basically the only way to come up with something fair is to make it as painful as possible and extort as much as possible out of the Blue Jays. Which I'm sure is Angelos' approach.

If Duquette goes to Toronto and the O's wind up with anything less than a top ten prospect, Angelos will look like he caved in considerably. What is fair? Fair is what the Jays won't be willing to pay. I can't see the two teams agreeing on anything. The Jays will get killed in Toronto for giving anything good to us. Angelos will look bad if, after all of the strong talk, if he accepts a token return.

Me if I were PA in such a negotiation: "We'll start with your first round draft pick for the next couple of seasons and go from there."

Despite their shady underdealing, the Jays have no power in this situation. DD goes nowhere unless PA gives the okay. If they want DD, they're going to need to pay out the nose for him.

Rob-Ford-Ridiculous-062713481100.jpg

He kinda reminds me of Robert Irsay, back when Irsay bought the Los Angeles Rams and traded them to Carroll Rosenloom for the Baltimore Colts because he was a Johnny Unitas fan. Then, he traded Unitas. Who knows what we could get from this asshat if he wants DD all that bad? The skies the limit!

Me if I were PA in such a negotiation: "We'll start with your first round draft pick for the next couple of seasons and go from there."

Despite their shady underdealing, the Jays have no power in this situation. DD goes nowhere unless PA gives the okay. If they want DD, they're going to need to pay out the nose for him.

This, times one million!! All the leaked reports mean nothing. We hold the ball. We can deflate the ball, shoot the ball, pass the ball, whatever. But we hold the ball, and will do what uncle Pete sees fit.

If Duquette goes to Toronto and the O's wind up with anything less than a top ten prospect, Angelos will look like he caved in considerably. What is fair? Fair is what the Jays won't be willing to pay. I can't see the two teams agreeing on anything. The Jays will get killed in Toronto for giving anything good to us. Angelos will look bad if, after all of the strong talk, if he accepts a token return.

This is precisely the argument some of us have used to predict that Duquette ends up staying. The BJ'S can't afford to offer any compensation Angelos would find acceptable. Are you finally coming around? I frankly can't foresee a ground for agreement.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

This is precisely the argument some of us have used to predict that Duquette ends up staying. The BJ'S can't afford to offer any compensation Angelos would find acceptable. Are you finally coming around? I frankly can't foresee a ground for agreement.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

bestdressed.jpg

He kinda reminds me of Robert Irsay, back when Irsay bought the Los Angeles Rams and traded them to Carroll Rosenloom for the Baltimore Colts because he was a Johnny Unitas fan. Then, he traded Unitas. Who knows what we could get from this asshat if he wants DD all that bad? The skies the limit!

DonCherry.jpg

Archived