Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Duquette wants to leave <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>, become <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a>’ prez/CEO. Some with club not opposed to his departure. Angelos standing in way.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How did you get impending deal out of that?

He makes it sound like Duquette's already been offered the job, when there were multiple candidates and DD hasn't even interviewed.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He makes it sound like Duquette's already been offered the job, when there were multiple candidates and DD hasn't even interviewed.

Exactly, and according to a news report out of Toronto today, Beeston won't be leaving until after the 2015 season. Rosenthal got way out in front of this one.

Ken said Dan and Kenny were after the job. All he said is his SOURCES said Dan wants the job nothing wrong with that.

I think Rosenthal is a pretty good reporter who breaks quite a few stories. That being said, he has been grinding an axe against Peter Angelos for years. I have no idea where he got his info for this story or if it's true, but if you think he doesn't takes digs at Angelos when he gets a chance, you haven't been paying attention for the last 15 years or so.

OMG really did you see how Dan answered the media last night? He wants the job.

DD may want the job (most probably would). In fact, Rosenthal's information might be fairly close to accurate. That isn't the issue. The issue is HOW he went about his reporting. He made himself look stupid (even if he's right).

He overtly stated that DD wants to leave the Orioles and that PGA was the thing preventing him from taking the new job.

That is not only incorrectly stated as fact when it isn't fact, but clearly has a slant. "Standing in the way" and his other tweet making it sound like typically people are released from contracts but PGA is going against the grain are clearly intended to paint things a certain way that he can't possibly know from his vantage point.

Since you routinely do the same things, I wouldn't expect you to see the issue.

How do you know Dan doesn't wanna leave to take the job? Sorry i will trust Ken over you. And Peter came out and said Dan is going nowhere. If that's not preventing him i don't know what is.

Archived