Fangraphs' Sullivan expects the O's to have an MLB top-3 defense again in 2015

Frobby

The Yankees are projected to be one of the league's most improved defenses, which is not surprising considering Headley at 3B and anybody-but-Jeter at SS. I think a big reason why their deadline-deal pitchers performed well down the stretch last year is because of a solid defense behind them. They are not a team to dismiss in 2015; I just wonder what they can get out of their lineup, and whether their rotation holds up.

The Rays are not going to roll over either. They had a number of people underperform last season, especially offensively but also in their rotation. It will be very hard to score runs on them.

BTW must spread rep Frobby - thanks for the link.

Having DeAza and or Lough playing everyday will be a big boost to our defense over Markakis and Cruz. Machado coming back should be big. Joseph played well defensively but Wieters is a sure bet there.

Now with Markakis and Cruz gone, every defensive position could theoretically be a plus defender., especially if Pearce somehow finds his way to 1B.

Pearce was a plus defender in the OF last year as well.

I'll be interested to see how the Dodgers do under the first year of Friedman's revamp. They have improved significantly on defense just by getting rid of Kemp and Ramirez. Could Clayton Kershaw actually have a better year next year than his MVP season?

As long as JJ Hardy is playing up the middle, I have every reason to believe in our defense. I'm not sold on a full scale improved defense in right without Markakis. They can get more range out there yes, but replacing Nick's arm and pure fundamentals is no easy task.

Well, according to the article the Orioles defense is staying right where it is, which is near the top. Not necessarily improved.

As long as JJ Hardy is playing up the middle, I have every reason to believe in our defense. I'm not sold on a full scale improved defense in right without Markakis. They can get more range out there yes, but replacing Nick's arm and pure fundamentals is no easy task.

That's a good point you have made regarding Nick.

Having DeAza and or Lough playing everyday will be a big boost to our defense over Markakis and Cruz. Machado coming back should be big. Joseph played well defensively but Wieters is a sure bet there.

Now with Markakis and Cruz gone, every defensive position could theoretically be a plus defender., especially if Pearce somehow finds his way to 1B.

You don't like SP in right or you don't like CD at first?

I like Davis better at 1b than Pearce, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived