Fanfest: awkward!

Frobby

Anyone else think it's going to be more than a little awkward at Fanfest if and when Dan and Buck get on stage for their fan forums? The biggest story for the O's this winter has been the Jays/Duquette dalliance, and while Dan can give a no comment to Roch Kubatko or Dan Connolly, that's pretty hard to do for a room full of diehard O's fans. And based on every other Fanfest I've attended, half the "questions" from the audience will be preceded by a little speech by whoever has been selected to speak. And even those who don't ask Dan about the Blue Jays are going to be asking why the O's let several of their free agents go and didn't replace them.

I'm seriously wondering if Dan and the O's will find some excuse why Dan can't be at this event.

As a side note, I won't be able to attend Fanfest this year. I kind of feel it might not be a bad year to miss it, though, because of how awkward it could be.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think FanFest is actually a reasonable target date for some type of resolution to this whole thing. Nobody is going to want to put DD in front of fans if it isn't resolved. FWIW, the Blue Jays have a "State of the Franchise" event on 2/5, and you would think they'd like some resolution by that point, as well.

I think FanFest is actually a reasonable target date for some type of resolution to this whole thing. Nobody is going to want to put DD in front of fans if it isn't resolved. FWIW, the Blue Jays have a "State of the Franchise" event on 2/5, and you would think they'd like some resolution by that point, as well.

Paul Beeston is their scheduled Host.

If Dan shows up at fan fest' date=' I hope Oriole fans give him hell. I would ask him straight forward questions and I would not stop asking them until he answers them. The longer this situation drags on the more respect I lose for Dan.[/quote']

[video=youtube;kQnKTyXqWx0]

Dan will only answer what he's allowed to answer.

Archived