Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

I think the question that has not been discussed is Why Dan Duquette?

Why not John Moseliak of the Cards, Brian Sabean of the Giants or Mike Rizzo of the Nats? Is it because the Yankees pointed Rogers in the Orioles direction to mess the division rival O's up? Pretty poor reasoning or just plain nasty?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_general_managers

A lot was made of his prior experience with baseball in Canada when the story first began to gain traction. That was one reason attributed to the Blue Jays.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brady at least has front office experience. Bit more relevant then Cal being an owner at the minor league level.

I'm not advocating for either but I would prefer Brady if I had to choose between the two.

Agree with Brady over Cal. My point is that if I were to think about who would best replace Dan, I do not see why so many people jump to Brady. I'd almost pass him based on his coat today! I kid...

Agree with Brady over Cal. My point is that if I were to think about who would best replace Dan, I do not see why so many people jump to Brady. I'd almost pass him based on his coat today! I kid...

Probably because most of us have little to no idea what front office types from around the league would be a good GM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When asked if Tor situation is behind O's 4 good Duquette said only "my focus is on the Orioles & doing what I can to make team competitive"</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">January 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Very telling that he did not say " I plan to honor my contract and be with the Orioles through the end of my contract and hopefully well beyond." This is going to linger throughout this season and into the fall.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette admitted there was "substance" to Toronto reports. Brady said he just wondered if Dan was gonna take them with him. "I'm not going"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duq said "my sole focus has always been improving the Orioles."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

If there was substance to the toronto reports, am I supposed to believe his heart was in it to make a possible AL East rival better before bolting?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette admitted there was "substance" to Toronto reports. Brady said he just wondered if Dan was gonna take them with him. "I'm not going"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duq said "my sole focus has always been improving the Orioles."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

Wonder if there is some tension between Brady and Dan?

Yes you are supposed to believe that.

The alternative is to believe that our VP is a scoundrel and rogue devoid of honor.

Well I don't. And I don't know DD personally. He may very well be all that you listed. Money and power talk in the business world. And DD is in it for both or else he wouldn't have considered it. I'm not saying wanting that makes him a bad person. But being disgruntled can make him a bad GM.

Well I don't. And I don't know DD personally. He may very well be all that you listed. Money and power talk in the business world. And DD is in it for both or else he wouldn't have considered it. I'm not saying wanting that makes him a bad person. But being disgruntled can make him a bad GM.

Yeah, fortunately, your concern is unfounded with this individual.

Very telling that he did not say " I plan to honor my contract and be with the Orioles through the end of my contract and hopefully well beyond." This is going to linger throughout this season and into the fall.

If you were not there and looked at him and heard him say his words, it would not be you would say. He is mad that some people thinks so little of him as to think he would withhold his best efforts from his job. Angry.

If you were not there and looked at him and heard him say his words, it would not be you would say. He is mad that some people thinks so little of him as to think he would withhold his best efforts from his job. Angry.

I am having trouble understanding your second sentence. I was not there and I am not questioning that he will give his best efforts THIS year. To me his statement leaves open the possibility of bolting to Toronto after this season. He failed to close that door.

Archived