Hot Stove Banquet - Ripken Stadium

Flacco Machado

I mentioned this in my notes from last night. DD brought up the names of McFarland, Verrett, Wright, and Wilson out of nowhere. That tells me a lot. Why he still sees McFarland as a starter, I have no idea. But, I'd be willing to guarantee you will see Verrett, Wright, and Wilson contributing to the Orioles at some point this season. Keep and eye on that.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mentioned this in my notes from last night. DD brought up the names of McFarland, Verrett, Wright, and Wilson out of nowhere. That tells me a lot. Why he still sees McFarland as a starter, I have no idea. But, I'd be willing to guarantee you will see Verrett, Wright, and Wilson contributing to the Orioles at some point this season. Keep and eye on that.

You think Verrett will make the team then?

Trying to raise their stock for a trade?

Caleb Joseph is an awesome guy. It's hard not to root for someone like him who has persevered for so many years. I was surprised at how tall he is. I'm 6'1''. He's definitely got to be 6'3" or 6'4''. He spoke many times about how close he was to giving up baseball. Again, Brady is/was a huge supporter of his.

One of my favorites.

BTW, this was an awesome report, thanks!

No. Not out of spring training. But, I see him, along with Wright and Wilson, on a constant shuttle between AAA and Baltimore. That could be because of a legitimate injury or an ineffective pitcher who comes down with a Pedro Strop back injury.

Verrett has to stay on the 25 man roster all year. He's rule 5.

Archived