Who would you root for in a Duke-Kentucky final?

Frobby

Who would you root for in a Duke-Kentcky final  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you root for in a Duke-Kentcky final

• Duke
    • Kentucky
    • I'd rather play canasta than watch that game

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really surprised ND played as well as they did against the tean that shall not be named coached by the guy who is as slimy as a used car salesman. It would have been an upset for the ages. They played their hearts out though. Quite the effort though.

Canasta looks good about now.

This is an insult to used car salesmen. :D

I don't want to play the Calipari apologist here, but LSU had a missed three at the buzzer to beat them too. I think he's trying to say they've had other tough tests also. I think it's a stretch to say he was being disrespectful to ND.

People hate him, I get it. But I think this is a mountain out of a molehill moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to play the Calipari apologist here, but LSU had a missed three at the buzzer to beat them too. I think he's trying to say they've had other tough tests also. I think it's a stretch to say he was being disrespectful to ND.

People hate him, I get it. But I think this is a mountain out of a molehill moment.

Ok, but he could have shown some class by saying the opponent actually played well and instead he gave them no credit at all.

On second thought, I'll go with my original thought, he's a tool.

Ok, but he could have shown some class by saying the opponent actually played well and instead he gave them no credit at all.

On second thought, I'll go with my original thought, he's a tool.

Uh, he definitely said they (ND) played great both on court and in the post game.

I understand what you're saying but this is just typical Calipari. You don't beat a great team by 2 points and then immediately say "we played poorly".

Uh, he definitely said they (ND) played great both on court and in the post game.

Did you hear the interview? I didn't so I'm asking. It's a little different if he included it in there as opposed the first thing he said. It makes it sound like he didn't think ND was good enough to hang in there with them unless Kentucky played so poorly because it was literally the first thing he said about the game.

Did you hear the interview? I didn't so I'm asking. It's a little different if he included it in there as opposed the first thing he said. It makes it sound like he didn't think ND was good enough to hang in there with them unless Kentucky played so poorly because it was literally the first thing he said about the game.

Yeah, I heard it. Of course it comes off bad. He's just gone through a game that they just eek out and says they didn't play well. Then he says ND "played great." I don't think it was disrespectful at all. People don't like him, I get it. Then the interviewer said that was his toughest test. He disagreed. He had been taken to the wire a couple of times in the SEC. IMO, he was correcting the interviewer and not disrespecting ND. I believe he has great admiration for Brey and his program.

So many good story lines if UK makes it to the final. 1) exercising the 92 demons against Duke.

You know, since I went to Duke in 1977-79 they've played three times in the NCAA tournament.

1. In '78, they played in the championship game and Kentucky thrashed Duke.

2. In '92, they played in the Elite Eight and Laettner pulled off the miracle shot.

3. In '98, Kentucky beat Duke 86-84 to reach the Final Four, in a game Duke had led by as many as 18 points, and went on to win the national championship.

Before my time, Kentucky beat Duke in the 1966 Final Four, 83-79.

To me, that third game exorcised any demons Kentucky had against Duke. If anything, it's Duke that should have a chip on their shoulder.

o

A quarter of a century ago, the U.N.L.V. 1989-90 team was dominant down the stretch of the season, winning 20 of their final 21 games, punctuated by a 103-73 blowout of Duke in the national championship game.

The one game that the Rebels had in the N.C.A.A. tournament that went right down to the wire was the Sweet Sixteen contest against Ball State, which U.N.L.V. won by two points, 69-67.

Ball State had possession of the ball with 12 seconds to go with a chance to tie it with a 2 or win it with a 3 when David Butler just barely got his fingertips on a last-second shot by Ball State to preserve the Rebels' victory.

Last night's great escape by Kentucky against Notre Dame reminded me of that Sweet Sixteen game between U.N.L.V. and Ball State back in 1990.

You know, since I went to Duke in 1977-79 they've played three times in the NCAA tournament.

1. In '78, they played in the championship game and Kentucky thrashed Duke.

2. In '92, they played in the Elite Eight and Laettner pulled off the miracle shot.

3. In '98, Kentucky beat Duke 86-84 to reach the Final Four, in a game Duke had led by as many as 18 points, and went on to win the national championship.

Before my time, Kentucky beat Duke in the 1966 Final Four, 83-79.

To me, that third game exorcised any demons Kentucky had against Duke. If anything, it's Duke that should have a chip on their shoulder.

I don't recall that 98 game. That must have been Brand and Battier's freshman season. Who were the upperclassmen on that team? Was Carrawell? I remember him walking off his last game, but don't remember the circumstances.

I don't recall that 98 game. That must have been Brand and Battier's freshman season. Who were the upperclassmen on that team? Was Carrawell? I remember him walking off his last game, but don't remember the circumstances.

Langdon was a junior IIRC.

Archived