Who will be the odd man out in the rotation and how does Buck do it?

Nevermore

Who will be the odd man out?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the odd man out?

• Kevin Gausman to the pen because he is young and needs to develop more pitches
    • Kevin Gausman optioned. he has options left
    • Miguel Gonzalez optioned, he has options left
    • Wei-Yin Chen optioned, he has options left
    • Bud Norris to bullpen because of his miserable spring
    • Bud Norris to DL
    • Ubaldo Jimimenz to bullpen because he still needs work with the piching coaches
    • Successful trade of one of the starters
    • Gonzalez to bullpen because he's a good sport
    • Other

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Norris to the DL. I am highly suspicious that something is wrong with his back, which may very well be the reason why he is stinking up the joint during ST. Let them fix his back, he can do some AAA rehab starts, then perhaps return. By then, someone else may very well have been injured, traded, or began imploding.

Gonzalez hasn't had a start since last Saturday. Gausman starts on Tuesday pushing Tillman back to Wednesday. That lines up for an OD start. There are two games tomorrow. Jiminez would be on normal rest, but Chen and Gonzalez haven't pitched in a week. One of those guys could be the game 3 starter if they have normal rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted Gausman to the pen, only because that seems to be the way the wind is blowing. And it's not because he needs to develop more pitches.

It's still just a matter of time before someone get hurt or stinks for a sufficient period that Gausman gets inserted into the rotation. I'd bet he makes 25 starts even if he begins the year in the bullpen.

This. It looks like that is the plan at the moment, don't like it much, but seems like that is the way they will go unless someone gets hurt or traded.

Zach Davies pitches on Monday and Gausman on Tuesday. When Tillman gets the ball on Wednesday, he'll be five days out from Opening Day. I look for Chen to pitch on Thursday and game 2. Chen and Gonzalez have been having long breaks between starts, but they chose to keep Ubaldo in five days. He may end up getting Friday's start, stay on five days and get the game 3 start.

That leaves one more ST start for Norris or Gonzalez. My money is on Bud getting that and the home opener.

They may end up keeping both Miguel and Kevin down to buy some time to solve Webb, Matusz, the two rule V guys, and Lough/Paredes.

But I think we'll see Tillman, Chen, Ubaldo, and Norris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived