Regretting Not Signing Andrew Miller?

Rene88

Dump Matusz's what 3 mil a year for a bag of baseballs as a salary dump and keep Miller. Easily could have been done. Not hindsight 20-20 either because there has been plenty of discussion about it. Could have kept Cruz too. Weiters, Norris, Chen and Davis all off the books after this year. O's only would have had a high payroll for one season.

It's called making a run and going for it. The Orioles ownership is merely content the team washed away the 13 years of stink and have been pretty successful the last few years. They still really aren't trying to win it all. Very obvious.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dump Matusz's what 3 mil a year for a bag of baseballs as a salary dump and keep Miller. Easily could have been done. Not hindsight 20-20 either because there has been plenty of discussion about it. Could have kept Cruz too. Weiters, Norris, Chen and Davis all off the books after this year. O's only would have had a high payroll for one season.

It's called making a run and going for it. The Orioles ownership is merely content the team washed away the 13 years of stink and have been pretty successful the last few years. They still really aren't trying to win it all. Very obvious.

That's the problem though, Peter A.. And we can't do anything about that or change the fact unfortunately.

But do you think the club did anything to improve themselves in the off season?

I know you are being sarcastic but multiple players on the team also question the poor off season. Near the bottom in international spending, and more importantly you lose the best reliever and defending home run champ to free agency and you replace them with Travis Snyder. If this season continues to go south the poor off season second guessing in the clubhouse will grow.

Just curious, how many runs did our bullpen allow today? How many games have we lost when we were leading going into the eighth inning?

One argument would be if he is in Baltimore he isn't in New York.

I understand why the Orioles did what they did this offseason. To me if they don't add an impact player this upcoming offseason then I think complaining about this offseason makes more sense. A bunch of money off the books next year.

One argument would be if he is in Baltimore he isn't in New York.

I understand why the Orioles did what they did this offseason. To me if they don't add an impact player this upcoming offseason then I think complaining about this offseason makes more sense. A bunch of money off the books next year.

This.

Miller is overperforming. Still expect him to be fantastic. But not historically fantastic. And it is reinforced because we are seeing so much of them early.

And agreed, if they don't make a big addition or two this off-season than there truly are issues in the FO.

This.

Miller is overperforming. Still expect him to be fantastic. But not historically fantastic. And it is reinforced because we are seeing so much of them early.

And agreed, if they don't make a big addition or two this off-season than there truly are issues in the FO.

I am not a spend a bunch of money kind of a guy but they can't fill the holes next year with scrap heap specials. It is hard to find a Pearce type of a player every year.

Getting tired of seeing this irrelevant and whiny thread near the top of the list for weeks now...and yes I know I'm bumping it.

Look, if you don't like facing an ace closer, get and hold the leads! Our closer is pretty good too, but sadly he is under employed thus far this year. *throws 2 pennies*

This.

Ownership moreso than the front office although both deserve the fair share of the blame for sure. Nice that despite what is going on we have a place to discuss and in some cases vent.

Getting tired of seeing this irrelevant and whiny thread near the top of the list for weeks now...and yes I know I'm bumping it.

Look, if you don't like facing an ace closer, get and hold the leads! Our closer is pretty good too, but sadly he is under employed thus far this year. *throws 2 pennies*

When your team isn't doing well this is what we as fans/fanatics do. Not whiny at all. Would you prefer ambivalence?

I agree with this. That Miller has shut us down the last couple of evenings is depressing. But it's isolated. He would not have helped us last night or this evening because we didn't have leads. I could have thought that maybe we give Britton a shot at starting again and making Miller our closer, but I'm not sure Zach has enough pitches to start. But I don't cry over losing Miller. Cruz on the other hand... not to hijack a thread...

I am not a spend a bunch of money kind of a guy but they can't fill the holes next year with scrap heap specials. It is hard to find a Pearce type of a player every year.

Pearce's potential regression was so easy to see... Wasn't he actually released last year?

Archived