One Big Difference Buck Has Made...

TonySoprano

Not many Yankee fans attempting to take over OPACY this series. Have they given up already?

Almost everyone I work with is a Yankee fan and almost all of them seem have very low expectations this year. I'd guess a lot of people who would travel to Baltimore in the past aren't gonna bother this year.

o

I agree with the O.P.

The subject reminds me of a game that I went to at Yankee Stadium back in April of 2012:

There were times a few years ago when I went to Yankee Stadium, and I really wondered whether or not our team was afraid of the opposition before a pitch was thrown.

Last year, I went to a game in late April, and even though we lost a tight one by a score of 2-1, the game had an almost playoff atmosphere (both on the field and in the Yankee Stadium stands), and I had the sense that our team wasn't phased by the mighty Yankees in the slightest. In the 8th inning, Nick Markakis was thrown out at the plate, trying to score on a wild pitch. Yankee Stadium was ROCKING when Nick was thrown out, and I could feel the energy of their fans, who seemed to be taking our team very seriously.

We proceeded to come back and beat the Yankees handily the next 2 games by scores of 7-1 and 5-0, respectively.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/115302-Is-Yankee-Red-Sox-Hegemony-coming-to-an-end/page6

To me, there is no question that the Orioles are no longer intimidated AT ALL by the Yankees.

Almost everyone I work with is a Yankee fan and almost all of them seem have very low expectations this year. I'd guess a lot of people who would travel to Baltimore in the past aren't gonna bother this year.

But, but the Yankees have the best fans in the world, right ESPN? :laughlol:

But' date=' but the Yankees have the best fans in the world, right ESPN? :laughlol:[/quote']

Honestly I'd rather them be realistic than delusional like most Red Sox fans. Believe it or not my stance on Yankee fans has softened since moving to New York. Still hate the Yankees, though. Maybe I'm losing my edge.

Honestly I'd rather them be realistic than delusional like most Red Sox fans. Believe it or not my stance on Yankee fans has softened since moving to New York. Still hate the Yankees, though. Maybe I'm losing my edge.

You are just getting older. I find it is harder to hate anything - it expends too much energy.

You are clearly losing your edge. I agree that Sox fans are less civil, buy Yankee fans act more entitled.

Archived