vs. RED SOX, 4/26

OFFNY

Hello, all,

I hope things are quieter outside of the park today. Protests can, and should, occur without violence.

Inside the park, I hope the Orioles manage to get a victory today that's a lot less nerve-wracking than yesterday was. I hope Bud manages to get opposing hitters out, instead of throwing batting practice to them, that our fielders actually make plays, and that our hitters don't fade away when there are runners in scoring position.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great!!! Dempsey still saying Bud is not making enough of a turn. I bet it is the back issue.

When Dempsey or Palmer or Bordick see something from the booth, does Buck welcome their input? Do they tell him what they see, so he can pass it on to the pitching or hitting coach, as the case may be?

When Dempsey or Palmer or Bordick see something from the booth, does Buck welcome their input? Do they tell him what they see, so he can pass it on to the pitching or hitting coach, as the case may be?

No idea. I know Demspey and Palmer talk to everyone all the time though.

And Bordick and Bobby D. are like twins.

o

Jerry Remy said that he couldn't believe that the 2nd pitch was called a ball.

He said that doesn't know what the umpire was looking at, it was right down the middle of the plate.

One bad call can change the complexion of a plate appearance.

Ok not a bad start for Bud. I could've done without the walk..but no harm.

As Palmer says, it's not just the walk, it's what happens after the walk. In this case, it was a groundouts, so the walk didn't score or lead to a run by pushing a runner in scoring position who then scored.

o

Jerry Remy said that he couldn't believe that the 2nd pitch was called a ball.

He said that doesn't know what the umpire was looking at, it was right down the middle of the plate.

One bad call can change the complexion of a plate appearance.

Norris missed his spot and Lavarnway had to reach for it. Never let an umpire tell you they're not influenced by framing.

Archived