vs. RED SOX, 4/26

OFFNY

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

Jason Garcia's E.R.A. is more than 5 runs lower than Bud Norris' E.R.A.

If we stick with Norris in the starting rotation., then we certainly ought to stick with Garcia in the bullpen.

Norris has a track record in the majors. Garcia doesn't.

o

If we stick with Norris in the starting rotation., then we certainly ought to stick with Garcia in the bullpen.

Sorry on this I have to disagree Norris had a proven track record, Garcia has only shown me he don't belong here space is WAY TOO VALUABLE in that pen for him to tie it up as a RULE 5.

I like garcia too but not in his present Rule 5 status would love to have this kid in our minor league clubs.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I like to see the Nats do well. They aren't my team but I certainly don't root against them (unless they are playing the O's).

Going into the year, I was hopeful that they would win 14 games.... all of their games against AL East competition. Had they finished 14-148, I would have been ecstatic.

o

o

Norris has a track record in the majors. Garcia doesn't.
Sorry on this I have to disagree Norris had a proven track record, Garcia has only shown me he don't belong here space is WAY TOO VALUABLE in that pen for him to tie it up as a RULE 5.

I like garcia too but not in his present Rule 5 status would love to have this kid in our minor league clubs.

Guys, it was a joke.

Are your sarcasm meters really that much off-kilter?

Maybe it's me. o:noidea:oIt often is. o:o

o

I remember when the Orioles beat the Yankees by a score of 18-9 in June of 1986.

Lee Lacy hit 3 home runs in that game.

The back page of the N.Y. Daily News read, "BIRDS GO BATTY IN BRONX"

I seem to vaguely remember a game from that time period when Juan Beniquez hit 3 HRs vs the Yankees too. Am I mis-remembering?

o

o

I remember when the Orioles beat the Yankees by a score of 18-9 in June of 1986.

Lee Lacy hit 3 home runs in that game.

The back page of the N.Y. Daily News read, "BIRDS GO BATTY IN BRONX"

I seem to vaguely remember a game from that time period when Juan Beniquez hit 3 HRs vs the Yankees too. Am I mis-remembering?

That is correct.

Only 4 days after Lacy hit 3 home runs in one game against the Yankees in New York, Juan Beniquez hit 3 home runs in one game against the Yankees in Baltimore.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL198606120.shtml

The only problem is that we lost that game by a score of 7-5. :(

It could have been worse, though.

George Brett hit 3 home runs in one game off of the Yankees in a League Championship playoff game, and his Royals still lost the game. O:eektf:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA197810060.shtml

o

The Bullets are gong for the sweep tonight.

The last time that the Bullets swept a series of any kind was in the 1981-82 season, when they swept the New Jersey nest 2 games to 0 in a best-of-3 miniseries.

The Bullets HAVE NEVER swept a best-of-7 or even a best-of-5 series in their franchise history, dating back to the 1961-62 season, when they were the Chicago Packers.

The waiting is over.

For the first time in their 54-year franchise history, the Bullets have finally swept a best-of-7 game playoff series.

Archived