I hate, loathe, and despise interleague play...

Ori-Al

..and will until the day I die (and probably beyond that.) It's Bud Selig's gimmick that allows the New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles teams to play each other every season. Baseball, IMO, was better when the leagues only met in exhibition and World Series games.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A gimic? Even in the NFL where there are only 16 games a year they manage to play a quarter of their games against the other conference. With as many games as baseball plays they should play every team every year.

If you didnt have inter league play you would have one division with six teams and one division witb four teams. If you dont like it dont watch the games.

A gimic? Even in the NFL where there are only 16 games a year they manage to play a quarter of their games against the other conference. With as many games as baseball plays they should play every team every year.

If you didnt have inter league play you would have one division with six teams and one division witb four teams. If you dont like it dont watch the games.

It's fine. I don't mind it. Pitchers won't hit in two years though.

Ha! I love interleague play. I agree, nothing worse than watching us play the same teams over and over.

I am convinced old people hate it, younger people like it. My father is over 70 and enjoys it. To each his own....I personally think it is great. We just suck at it.

Ha! I love interleague play. I agree, nothing worse than watching us play the same teams over and over.

I am convinced old people hate it, younger people like it. My father is over 70 and enjoys it. To each his own....I personally think it is great. We just suck at it.

35–30, Orioles

o

I hate, loathe, and despise LOSING.

And right now, the Mets are putting their foots up our asses.

I am not in favor of Inter-League play, but I suspect that the venom/irritation comes out more when we are getting our asses kicked.

I believe that it is similar to complaints about announcers and/or color commentators. I believe that they tend to get on some fans' nerves more when their team is losing.

..and will until the day I die (and probably beyond that.) It's Bud Selig's gimmick that allows the New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles teams to play each other every season. Baseball, IMO, was better when the leagues only met in exhibition and World Series games.

Not a fan of it either. The World Series and All Star Game seemed a lot more special before interleague play.

My biggest problem with interleague is the amount of games. 20 games is way too much. Schedule for each team should be 76 games against your own divsion. I.E. O's would play, AL East teams 76 times, 19 games per team. Then the O's should play 8 games against rest of the AL teams (10 teams) for a total of 80 games. So during a season 156 games against AL teams. Games that matter in wild card races and divison titles. Then 6 games against "local" rivals played in 2 3 games series before and after All-Star break. So the O's will play the Nats 6 games. Mets would play Yankees. Red Sox would play Braves, Blue Jays would play Phillies, Rays would play Marlins.

So simple. So easy to do and some sort of rivalry.

I hate, despise, loathe Oriole losses. Particularly losing to teams that aren't as good as we are Like the Mets.

This. The Mets are not good and we didn't bother showing up for either of these games. I can't believe we've lost 8 in a row to this bunch.

Archived