The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

Currently the combined OPS for the O's OF is .796 as compared to .784 last year.

That sounds impressive but remember there was a power outage at OPACY early last year. It was actually one of the worst places to hit home runs the first third or so of the season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you would rather clutter this thread up about past happenings that can't be changed?

What I don't get is why people don't think DD won't go out to improve the team midseason like he has done every year. A lot harp on the off-season but ignore him adding key pieces in the middle of the season.

I agree with you. Gosh it's only early May and some are ready to give up. Toss in

towel.

That sounds impressive but remember there was a power outage at OPACY early last year. It was actually one of the worst places to hit home runs the first third or so of the season.

We haven't played there much. In fact, We played in that pitching Thunderdome too much.

Today 01:45 PM#38oriolediehard user-online.pngPlus Member since 03/02GCL O'sreputation_green.gif

<dl class="userstats" style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: right; width: 150px;"><dt style="text-align: start; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Join Date</dt><dd style="text-align: start; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Sep 2003</dd><dt style="text-align: start; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Posts</dt><dd style="text-align: start; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">33</dd></dl>

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
Diehard_O's_Fan
viewpost-right.png
I don't know about you but I feel like it is safe to say that Chen and Norris won't be a Oriole next year. Is this safe to say? Both guys will probably be offered 30+ million dollar contracts and we all know the Orioles won't offer that kind of money. Thoughts?
Why don't they trade them both now?
The O's ain't winning nothing this year.
Ah, my daily fix.

There is no sense cluttering up this thread with sarcastic look at me posts. The fact is that there are some Oriole fans who can see through the rose colored glasses.

I would like a question answered. If this team could not win a WS last year WITH Miller and Cruz, what makes anyone think they can win won this year without them? Or the year after without probable players like Wieters, Davis, and many others? The fact is this year, right now, today, was the time when 99% of most teams would have gone for it, knowing this team is about to be blown up following the season.

Instead we get....T Snyder? Been a staunch O's fan my whole life, but I don't think I have ever been as disappointed as I was this off season. And nothing this team has done so far since the season started has changed that.

Contrary to the tidal storm of pretension, many of us were upset that DD did relatively nothing to help the Orioles in 2015.

The lack of movement is GLARING right now.

No pitching additions of note.

No big bats (well, we HAD a big bat, but you know...)

Nothing to shore up the bullpen.

A whole lot of nothing and nothing and nothing.

The results are without question at this point.

Now the conversation shifts from "DD knows what he was doing/What would YOU have done in the offseason?" to "What makes you think DD won't do anything to improve the team midseason?"

He's not going to do anything.

MSK

Contrary to the tidal storm of pretension, many of us were upset that DD did relatively nothing to help the Orioles in 2015.

Now the conversation shifts from "DD knows what he was doing/What would YOU have done in the offseason?" to "What makes you think DD won't do anything to improve the team midseason?"

MSK

He's done something before the trade deadline every year he's been on the job. Last year he got that Miller guy. Or, doesn't that count?

MSK

The problem with this post is that you act like the pitching was an issue. How would you have "shored up" the pitching staff when it ended the year on such a high note.

MSK

Why is it a question of whether DD will improve the team midseason? It is even asinine to suggest their is evidence for it when he has made a big move every year he has been here.

Just like the Orioles blow leads because of a lack of improvement during the offseason.

MSK

How many blown leads do they have? The bullpen hasn't been a huge issue recently. It is usually the starting pitching digging too deep of a hole for the offense to climb out of.

MSK

Just like he didn't do anything during the year last season.

...Except acquire Andrew Miller, the very player people are ripping him for not bringing back.

Just like the Orioles blow leads because of a lack of improvement during the offseason.

MSK

That's a stretch and I don't agree with the assertion. Weren't you just complaining about them not adding starting pitching and now you're assigning blame to the BP?

Make up your mind.

Just like he didn't do anything during the year last season.

...Except acquire Andrew Miller, the very player people are ripping him for not bringing back.

It is an amazing double standard some people have. Complain how DD didn't do anything to keep Miller and Cruz. Even though he was the one that brought them in when no one was expecting it.

Archived