Manny, Harper and Trout

Frobby

I really feel lucky as a baseball fan to be seeing three guys under the age of 24 and are so good. Manny is probably never going to match the offense of the other two, but he's turning into an excellent hitter and his glove is magical (despite the recent errors). Harper is going to be a monster offensively if he stays in one piece, now that he's learned to wait for his pitch. 40 homers this year at age 22 won't surprise me. And Trout is just flat out ridiculous.

I really hope and pray these three guys stay healthy so I can watch what they become over the next 16-18 years.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harper is certainly having a breakthrough season with the bat but he doesn't look to be the all around player he was projected to be. After 18 steals his rookie season he is 0-3 this year and while his arm is certainly impressive overall his glove has disappointed.

Harper is certainly having a breakthrough season with the bat but he doesn't look to be the all around player he was projected to be. After 18 steals his rookie season he is 0-3 this year and while his arm is certainly impressive overall his glove has disappointed.

I have the game on right now. While you were typing this, he made two nice plays in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the game on right now. While you were typing this, he made two nice plays in right.

And then a third nice play to prevent a run and an extra base hit by Markakis.

Harper was touted as a true five tool guy.

Right now he only has three plus tools.

I watch the Nationals a bit. Whatever his run tool was coming up shouldn't be downgraded even if his SB attempts have been reduced as he's worked through injuries, IMO.

And for his fielding tool, is there enough data to assess him at his new position which will likely be where he stays for the next decade plus?

I watch the Nationals a bit. Whatever his run tool was coming up shouldn't be downgraded even if his SB attempts have been reduced as he's worked through injuries, IMO.

And for his fielding tool, is there enough data to assess him at his new position which will likely be where he stays for the next decade plus?

Yeah, having and utilizing are 2 different things. If Harper isn't a 5 tool guy then no one is Imo.

Yeah, having and utilizing are 2 different things. If Harper isn't a 5 tool guy then no one is Imo.

Correct and Manny doesn't really possess a speed tool like Trout or Harper regardless of his five steals this year. Although, after procedures on both knees it's really good to see him moving so well.

Archived