"As much as most of us root for Bud . . . he's not helping our pitching"

weams

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No but there is no new scouting report on him. He doesn't need to counter adjustments hitters are making against him.

Even though he isn't as good as he was last year, he also is t as bad as he has pitched this year. I hope there was some type of physical problem relating to his sore back in spring training that rest has taken care of.

There really was no chance of that once he stopped trying to throw the CH more. Yes, he threw it, but it seems that it was only to placate Buck that he indeed did have it or was able to throw it if called upon to do so. He certainly doesn't seem comfortable with the pitch as we saw in ST. I would argue that it's not a pitch he has to be perfect with to have success. Thrown in the right count to primarily LHB it could be an effective pitch to complement his others. It needs to be thrown in order for that to happen though. And yes, I know he was throwing it some but while his slider was doing the great disappearing act this year it may have been useful to have something besides the FB.

Norris has problems with LHB (.812 OPS+ career) so anything he could do to develop another pitch would help, it doesn't have to be the CH. He needs to find something that works, though, because there just aren't that many two pitch starting pitchers around.

Archived