This Team Will Be Just Fine

Jonesy10

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to be more Debbie downer, but I'll say it again I don't think we'll see Schoop for the rest of the season, and will NOT BE ONE BIT SURPRISED this ends with surgery.

Based on your medical degree and examination of Schoop? Your conversation with a doctor who has examined Schoop? Your conversation with another person who spoke to a doctor who examined Schoop? Or just your pessimistic take on what has been reported publicly? If the latter, then yes, I feel you are being Debbie downer.

This team was designed with a core up the middle of Wieters, Schoop, Hardy, and Jones. When we get them all back on the field and the team starts to play well, I will entertain the possibility that this team will be fine. Right now, we are too far away from that design.

Based on your medical degree and examination of Schoop? Your conversation with a doctor who has examined Schoop? Your conversation with another person who spoke to a doctor who examined Schoop? Or just your pessimistic take on what has been reported publicly? If the latter, then yes, I feel you are being Debbie downer.

It's my fault. I brought up that there were concerns that he was going to have to take a step back in the process and would not be available for the club in two weeks as some were thinking he would be.

I would love for him to be ready by the All Star Game.

It's my fault. I brought up that there were concerns that he was going to have to take a step back in the process and would not be available for the club in two weeks as some were thinking he would be.

I would love for him to be ready by the All Star Game.

I was more optimistic about seeing Schoop in June until reading Roch's post today. But I still think the ASG is a realistic goal, and it could still be before then IMO.

I was more optimistic about seeing Schoop in June until reading Roch's post today. But I still think the ASG is a realistic goal, and it could still be before then IMO.
That was a "stand me up" kind of post from him. I think he is very aware of the difficulty of this injury.

I'm worried, plain and simple.

Tillman looks completely lost on the mound and lacks confidence. Bud Norris will be rejoining the rotation, apparently, and that doesn't make me feel any better after what we've seen from him already this year.

Our bullpen is not as a good as it was. Losing Miller obviously left a major void, but guys like Matusz and Hunter are not pitching well. Even O'Day has not gotten it done in big spots like we're accustomed to seeing.

We have a group of OF's, outside of Adam Jones, that are not of the everyday major league caliber offensively or defensively.

Offensively, a lack of a true leadoff hitter is apparent. Manny is not a lead off hitter. Situational hitting is missing in a big way.

Buck is big on "trusting guys' track records" and I get that to a point. But you can't be afraid to make changes sometimes, especially when you seemingly are lacking a spark.

Bottom line: Status quo is not going to get it done.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Major leaguers Matt Wieters and Bud Norris to start for the <a href="https://twitter.com/NorfolkTides">@NorfolkTides</a> at Harbor Park tonight: <a href="http://t.co/VU3D2Dszf0">http://t.co/VU3D2Dszf0</a></p>— David Hall (@DavidHallVP) <a href="

">June 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The problem is when you rely on journeymen ball players to fill out 2/3 of your line up, you are bound to get this type of production all around.

You mean journeymen like Nate McLouth, Wilson Betemit, Lew Ford, Steve Pearce, Nick Johnson, Mark Reynolds, Steve Tolleson, Robert Andino, Ryan Flaherty, Omar Quintanilla? That sure sounds like a lineup doomed to last place.

You mean journeymen like Nate McLouth, Wilson Betemit, Lew Ford, Steve Pearce, Nick Johnson, Mark Reynolds, Steve Tolleson, Robert Andino, Ryan Flaherty, Omar Quintanilla? That sure sounds like a lineup doomed to last place.

Flaherty may be many things, but a journeyman is not one of them. He was picked out of the Cubs system as a Rule 5 draftee. Been in the majors with the O's for over 3 years. That is not the travels of a journeyman.

Flaherty may be many things, but a journeyman is not one of them. He was picked out of the Cubs system as a Rule 5 draftee. Been in the majors with the O's for over 3 years. That is not the travels of a journeyman.

Reynold found new life in St. Louis as their new starting 1st.

That's splitting hairs. The difference between Flaherty and a dozen other guys who've bounced all over professional baseball is small. At the least he fits the mold of a journeyman, and when he hits arbitration there will be an ever-increasing chance of him packing his bags.

That's splitting hairs. The difference between Flaherty and a dozen other guys who've bounced all over professional baseball is small. At the least he fits the mold of a journeyman, and when he hits arbitration there will be an ever-increasing chance of him packing his bags.

Your definition of journeyman and mine, might be different.

Mine, the player plays at nearly the league minimum and keeps hanging out, in order to get his pension years in.

Guys that move around because of free agency and the almighty dollar are not truly journeyman, at least, not in my opinion.

Archived